Getting on from Toowoomba to the coast

Stillwater

After the attempt to meet Michael http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/67698-paying-michael-a-visit/ in Toowoomba (an airport which really would deserve a bit of the orbx touch...), I went back towards the coast...

ydMBD.jpg

hmp4.jpg

... passed Helidon, ...

ELlzN.jpg

... Gatton Airpark, ...

d6Nwx.jpg

... Gatton Campus, ...

hc6GP.jpg

... and Forest Hill Farm.

YDyw.jpg

Had a look at Willowbank raceway,...

i72p.jpg

... the Willowbank airfield, ...

SLdVI.jpg

... Amberley Military, ...

4s1RJ.jpg

... and the Swanbank power station, ...

mgnQL.jpg

nGtdl.jpg

... before arriving in Brisbane. Who does have the right of way here in Australia?

qvGfz.jpg

It´s me, Mario!

Uiy7.jpg

Just a few metres above the runway my FSX crashed. OOM. Brisbane was too much for my rig, with a terrain LOD of 7.5 and all other features maxed. So I reduced airline traffic a bit (from 40 to 25%), and the LOD to 6.0. Still I get low frames, but at least I could repeat the flight and finish successful (Yes I did that, for completion - don´t you think that?).

Beautiful shots and nice colours, and as for the restart, many of us have had to do it from time to time in order to complete a flight. I noticed that when I use a complex plane and a complex scenery, the only thing I should never do is try to save a certain portion of the flight and then try to reopen the saved flight later. The system is unable to input everything correctly and it's over for the flight. So no more saving in flight when it's a complex situation.

Beautiful shots and nice colours, and as for the restart, many of us have had to do it from time to time in order to complete a flight. I noticed that when I use a complex plane and a complex scenery, the only thing I should never do is try to save a certain portion of the flight and then try to reopen the saved flight later. The system is unable to input everything correctly and it's over for the flight. So no more saving in flight when it's a complex situation.

Yup great shots!

The exact same thing happened to me last night from Abbotsford to Campbel river, all of the sudden my pc shutdown!

And about the save flight I did just that earlier on my way to McBride and when I reloaded the flight, the twotter was as if I was starting up a fresh flight! Results? the twotter took quite a dive, I was lucky I could recover! :)

Thank you, mates, for your comments!

Perfectly crisp shots and a great route all to be ruined by the FSX gremlin's , we need to have "Dusty" aka Mallard spray those little vermon . :blink:  :lol:

Cheers

Brad

Grand set these Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Beautiful shots again Gerold.

Really enjoyed them again Gerold, nice scenes, plane and great weather too!

To bad about the OOM but this are really super looking shots.

Yup great shots!

The exact same thing happened to me last night from Abbotsford to Campbel river, all of the sudden my pc shutdown!

And about the save flight I did just that earlier on my way to McBride and when I reloaded the flight, the twotter was as if I was starting up a fresh flight! Results? the twotter took quite a dive, I was lucky I could recover! :)

That depends on the plane... if it is set to a non-flight default (e. g. cold&dark), it will always start this way. Even if you are at FL 400. And, even worse, it will forget all the FMS programming - so even if you can "catch" the dive and restart the survival systems, you have hard work to complete the flight.

Simple planes (like the default or Carenado) can do. If you only save, I did not... :wacko:

Great shots again Gerold.Thank you for showing off Toowoomba and the many airports between Toowoomba and Brisvegas

My pleasure, Michael, what a great area you are living. I just read Toowoomba would be a garden paradise in spring? Enjoy!

That depends on the plane... if it is set to a non-flight default (e. g. cold&dark), it will always start this way. Even if you are at FL 400. And, even worse, it will forget all the FMS programming - so even if you can "catch" the dive and restart the survival systems, you have hard work to complete the flight.

Simple planes (like the default or Carenado) can do. If you only save, I did not... :wacko:

ah! good to know! Indeed the Twotter has a cold/dark start! Thanks for the info!

Archived