[FSX] Flight Report: Gatwick to Alicante

Josh4forest1

Hi guys,
As the title shows I'll be showing you a relatively brief flight report that I flew earlier today:

EGKK to LEAL

Flown on the IVAO network...

So its just gone 11z and the crew arrive at Gatwick International Airport which is the 2nd busiest airport in the UK and located in the south. The crew works for Monarch which is a UK based airline offering flight all around Europe daily. Anyway the crew will be heading to Alicante today in Monarch's A321 type aircraft "Romeo Alpha". We will be operation under the call sign Monarch 4 Mike X-ray (MON4MX). We have an estimated flight time of 2 hours 18 minutes and will be cruising at 35,000 feet today.
c4oy6.png
(The airline do fly this route in the real-world as well)

We get this route given to us which takes us to the coast of England, we will fly over Nantes in North-West France before flying past Barcelona. Then we follow the Spanish Eastern Coast to Alicante Airport.
lkuza.png

After our pre-flight preparation we walk out to the busy apron at Gatwick to find the catering vehicles busy already as well as refuelling taking place!
HrE09.png

After about a 40 minutes we are ready to taxi. Gatwick has already cleared us to Alicante on the BOGNA1M departure from runway 26L. We pushed back from stand 32 with 109 soles on-board. Ground gives us the all clear to push back and then we request our taxi. Here we see us in our taxi, having to give way to this Transavia 73. If I remember correctly he was heading for Rotterdam.
rExM.png

"Monarch 4 Mike X-Ray, after the departing Boeing 737 line up and wait behind...."
After taking our position on the runway we can see the Transavia traffic on his initial climb, we had to wait for separation.
QXpmL.png

We finally become airport in the last few minutes of the morning, leaving this rubbish weather behind!
0w8PT.png

Due to congestion around the London Airspace we had to wait a few minutes before being cleared to FL130.
1dtyr.png

We got cleared to SITET by ATC which cut a few minutes of our flight time.
QXLfN.png

Take you last look of England as we get passed to London Control for a further climb
eDTy0.png

The first officer started playing around with his camera during our climb...
eAPHc.png

Looks like a cloudy day in Northern France as well.
QLdw.png

More clouds.
ExiDk.png

My set up during the cruise.
a5M8B.png

A lot less cloud as we approach the Spanish boarder. Barcelona control was busy as I flew through his airspace.
NPOjW.png

Traffic can be seen below us, he was a A330 on decent into Barcelona I believe.
6EM2.png

Getting closer!
JdIoa.jpg

A passenger gets excited as we approach Valencia.
dlfgz.png

We started our decent to FL270 initially.
HTJUC.png

Our weather report as we continued our decent.
fIrO.png

I got quite busy during approach and landing so didn't get any shots sadly but here is one after our landing on runway 28 in sunny Alicante. Initial taxi...
CqEw.png

My 'notes page' showing SID's/Star's/Sqwks Codes/Frequencies/Flight Levels etc...
GLCQi.png
(I included this cause this is surprisingly neat for me ;) )

Annnnnnnnnnd STOP!
G5kcz.png

Just arrived on stand with a vfr traffic just touching down, he was a VFR flight from Ibiza.
eoGvr.png

Enjoy your holidays!  8)
pSIMC.png

'Bonus Shot'
Our arrival back into Gatwick as we flew the return leg again. Unsurprisingly the weather was still the same.
Op5U6.png

As said this was a very brief flight report. In a full report I'd include a lot more details with chart etc but didn't have long to do this.Excluding the first two picture non of these images are edited or even cropped! But I hope you enjoyed it anyway.

Our flight time was just under 2 hours and 15 minutes on the way there and abit less on the way back due to our headwind.

These picture were taken during IVAO UK's Birthday Celebration. Come and see us this weekend, we have plenty of ATC and pilots around from 10z.

Cheers.

Archived