Gympie to Tin Can Bay - Qld.

VH-KDK

I had a weeks holiday in this area 14 years ago and seeing Gerold's wonderful series I thought it was time to take another look at this area but from the air this time.

1.NTx7b.jpg

Gympie Airport.

2.0cVJ.jpg

It is 10 km south of Gympie and is passed by the A1(Road number only, as many users regard it as a goat track!)Bruce Hwy.

3.rdKlm.jpg

Lagoon Pocket, Kybong and Gilldora are three localities around the airport.

4.mVqRI.jpg

Now heading east after flying over Gympie. A gold mining town which saved Queensland from bankruptcy in the late 1800s.It sits on the Mary River.

5.MVB7i.jpg

Near Greens Creek.

6.r9u8.jpg

At Coondo with Lake Cootharaba.

7.uB0qN.jpg

Cooloola Grove with Cooloola Village Airpark. Tin Can Bay is on the right.

8.pujRs.jpg

The town of Tin Can Bay. The name is thought to be from the indigenous word Tuncanbar for the Dugongs that swim in the area.

9.nh1J8.jpg

Inskip Point is on the right and the start of Fraser Island on the left. A small vehicular ferry crosses to the island.

10.ulpG.jpg

Kauri Creek.

Thanks for the inspiration Gerold.

All straight vees with minimal cropping.

A very fine set! Gympie is not only worth a visit in OZx'd Orbx-land, but also in "the real world" (I've heard that there is something like that...). I stopped over there on my visit to Oz six years ago, when the big market was held and was quite taken by the whole place and atmosphere... You captured it well, Martyn.

Cheers

Mallard

Top notch set, Martyn, plus great explanations (well, you know the places better than I do....).

And, as always, a certain flight level is required to avoid blurry scenery - that is the reason why we need to convince JV to initiate AU 2.0... 8) .

Fantastic set of shots Martyn , I like all of these .

Cheers

Brad

Grand set these Martyn.

cheers

Iain

Top notch set, Martyn, plus great explanations (well, you know the places better than I do....).

And, as always, a certain flight level is required to avoid blurry scenery - that is the reason why we need to convince JV to initiate AU 2.0... 8) .

I think JV is presently working on world domination, looking forwards to OLC for Asia.

A very fine set! Gympie is not only worth a visit in OZx'd Orbx-land, but also in "the real world" (I've heard that there is something like that...). I stopped over there on my visit to Oz six years ago, when the big market was held and was quite taken by the whole place and atmosphere... You captured it well, Martyn.

Cheers

Mallard

A wonderful area to visit, with plenty of conifer and pineapple plantations to see, or there were 14 years ago!

+1  I like these short but very informative comments like #4 - all necessary information included.

+1

Another great everything! :)

Great shots of that beautiful area Martyn.

+1, +1

Thanks for showing us around the area Martyn.  I enjoyed your excellent shots and your comments.

Thank you all for your great comments.

Archived