Question about SPs in FTX Australia

nOkEm

Hi all. I am very new with FTX products and this is my first post, so sorry if it is a stupid question, but I have searched in the forums and I have not got an answer.

Today I have got my FTX Australia SP2 Avalon Edition (Boxed) and I don't know if I need or if I can install any SP... is enough if I install last SP? (I have found SP4 in your support area) or I need install previous SPs? (SP3 and SP4).

Thank you very much.

P. S. I cannot wait and I have installed the DVD and... it is amazing! looks like a new Flight Simulator!

Hi again, I have been reading forum rules and now I understand your question...

I have not any ordernumber because as I said I bought my FTX products in eBay but ALL my FSX addons are original and boxed, so the only thing I can do is take a pic of my FTX products and send them to the administrators via e-mail.

I don't know what more can I do...

Regards

Our products are not allowed to be on-sold on eBay or other online sales sites, that is a breach of our EULA and you won't receive support for it if you do purchase it.

Even though we shipped products on physical media you don't *own* the software, only the right to use it yourself via a license agreement.

I hope this is clear.

sorry but that is how it stands

Not much to add, and I don't intend to start a debate on this issue, but all Orbx reputation has earned with its amazing sceneries has lost punishing those who have purchased the original software without knowing that certain online stores are not allowed to sell Orbx products...

What prevents me from now download pirate software? just my opposition to such practices...

Thank you

Our products are not allowed to be on-sold on eBay or other online sales sites, that is a breach of our EULA and you won't receive support for it if you do purchase it.

Even though we shipped products on physical media you don't *own* the software, only the right to use it yourself via a license agreement.

I hope this is clear.

How would someone who hadn't purchased an Orbx product before actually know what the EULA says?

This is such a sad tale, and I feel sure nOKEm is an innocent party in this, however, these are the orbx rules, and they must be adhered to.. Might I suggest to nOKEm that the airports that he bought are designed to sit of the Orbx landclasses.. and it might be helpful to him to purchase Orbx blue, which at the same time would help to bring him into the Orbx family. Also Ebay needs to be informed of this breach of copyright by either Orbx management or nOKEm. Teecee

There are two sides of the story to be considered here.

I am in an occupation where my only asset is what I have between my ears ie my intellectual property. On the couple of occasions where that has been infringed, I have pursued it to a satisfactory conclusion. Orbx ought to pursue cases where it claims that there has been a knowing breach of its intellectual property. Orbx ought not merely be content with reporting the matter to e-bay.

I am not talking about this particular matter in making this comment but I can never understand how and why some people are content to take and use without consent someone else's intellectual property and consider it different from taking and using some other item of property, such as money, a computer, a car etc.

I am not putting nOkEm in that category. I agree with Teecee and Bruce Hamilton on the question of perceived innocence. I think that nOkEm has been up-front, open and forthright. I agree with what uncle_adolph says about the terms of the EULA and how and when they are known to a purchaser.

How many of us tick "I agree" but don't actually read the Licence Agreement in the early stages of installing an Orbx product (or any other flight sim product)?

Why are there not prominent warnings on the Orbx website about who is authorised to sell and re-sell Orbx products, so as to alert people up-front?

After reading the posts on this topic, I scoured the Orbx/FTX websites looking for the EULA and could not find it. I eventually accessed it by doing a Google search for "FTX EULA". That's not exactly putting people on notice. By the way, last night I installed another FTX product and noticed that the Licence Agreement is not worded in the same way as the EULA which I had earlier accessed. Also, as the EULA says that it is "governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia", can we have spelling in it according with Australian usage?

It seems to me from Wolter's post (adopting the post of John Venema) that many of us may be holding libraries of Orbx/FTX products which cannot be considered to be an asset to us (when looked at purely in dollar terms) if we ever give up flight simming.

I think that Orbx would be better served helping people in nOkEm's position and, as a trade-off, enlisting their help in dealing with the issue of off-site sales (or, in other cases, the more important instances of infringement, such as unauthorised copying/piracy).

In a modern society we follow rules and laws, many of us forgot this point.

Yeah, we need respect intellectual property but, we need respect too, private property and the right of resell products.

ORBX' EULA  can break EU directive 2009/24  and U.S. First-sale doctrine 17 U.S.C. §109.

We can read here  what is the interpretation of the EU Directive by the european Court of justice.

Regards.

Say what you will, Orbx has rights..nothing to do with the EU or anyone else. Their property, their rules.. I love my Orbx scenery, and accept their rules in total.. anyone that does not feel this way should  not bother buying the product.

I understand nOKEm's dilemma, and I am confident he will be helped, but hey, to you that don't like rules, nobody is forcing you to buy. Teecee.

Say what you will, Orbx has rights..nothing to do with the EU or anyone else. Their property, their rules.. I love my Orbx scenery, and accept their rules in total.. anyone that does not feel this way should  not bother buying the product.

I understand nOKEm's dilemma, and I am confident he will be helped, but hey, to you that don't like rules, nobody is forcing you to buy. Teecee.

Hey Kid...where i'm saying that ORBX hasn't rights? Read carefully next time. ;)

I'm saying only a sense common thing...In the countries where  they are selling products,  they need follow the law. Follow the law isn't a choice as you said, it's an obligation, Kid.

I wish ORBX check the EULA...If it's OK, perfect.  If not, only need fix it. But in all cases, they will  find a solution for situations like Nokem suffer.

Regards.

Archived