Just not meant to be.

VH-KDK

Sometimes a flight was just not meant to happen.

Today I have downloaded the excellent C-47 package.

So a flight from Southampton to Blackbushe,  just a short ,one to try the Skytrain out.

1.MULzW.jpg

Ready to line up and depart.

2.a8JIy.jpg

About to lift off and a slight turn to port to take us over Popham.

Once in the air things don't look right. FSX scenery, I should have taken a screen shot to remind us of what life was like before ORBX, but it is horrible. 

ORBX textures missing Captain Mainwaring. Don't panic, don't panic.

Open FTX Central and check hybrid mode stupid.

The base pack for the C-47 works so now to install  the textures, which I finally got to work after a struggle.

Ok, so now we will fly from Blackbushe to Southampton.

1.1tXLT.jpg

Over Blackbushe en route.

2.MRdbz.jpg

Pick up the M3 with Odiham Air Base to port.

3.BQke2.jpg

Basingstoke.

4.zp72.jpg

Popham, turn and head for Southampton.

5.0QNuA.jpg

Winchester. I am enjoying this, so I will fly onto Bournemouth.

6.Oh buggar! Took a nice shot approaching Southampton with the Solent and Isle of Wight in the distance. Must have copied over it.

7.UvZr.jpg

Here is Totton on the left and Redbridge centre. There is another inbound to Bournemouth off the starboard wing.

8.vdDYE.jpg

A close up of the C-47 with the 737 just above. I think he will beat us to Bournemouth.

Just realised about shot 6 which I liked the look of. So Options and replay..................what Flight Simmulator not responding.

Make a cup of the and hope it does respond, but no. It has restarted so give this one up as a bad joke.

All straight vees with lots of errors and mistakes

Hope you enjoy the caps

I experienced the horrible look of plain FSX (not fullterrain, so we could name it "emptyterrain"?) some month ago, horrible. And the "FSX not responding issue" is also very unrewarding. Makes you save flights from time to time, at least.

Keep my fingers crossed for your system.

Some smashing shots.

cheers

Iain

+1 - Great bird and shots.

I experienced the horrible look of plain FSX (not fullterrain, so we could name it "emptyterrain"?) some month ago, horrible. And the "FSX not responding issue" is also very unrewarding. Makes you save flights from time to time, at least.

Keep my fingers crossed for your system.

All seems well now Gerold, and it is behaving well. It is getting long in the tooth though so it does play up from time to time. I suppose FSX terrain is better than nothing and when you consider how much it cost, but we are so spoiled now.

Good shots and story mate.I have the same issues..sometimes it's just not meant to happen !!!!

Stu

A catalogue of errors with that flight yesterday. Good job I was just sitting at a desk not up in the air.

Many thanks to you all for commenting

I had to have a couple of beers myself after reading about all your problems Martyn. :D  Great shots anyway!!

Adam

Love the plane!

Thanks for the comments guys.

Sorry I am driving you to drink Adam. I have a wife that is doing it to me :P .

Archived