Black Trees

BOZ

I've been searching the forums here and all sorts of black stuff but havn't figured out how to fix...

Just got the global thing and world looks like this...any ideas on how to fix?

bhnVX.jpg

This is a known DX10 issue, but should only be an issue when DX10 preview mode is ON. You should not be seeing black lights with DX Preview mode OFF, can you confirm this?

DX10 Preview mode OFF means you are running FSX in DX9 which should be showing the lights correctly, i.e invisible during the day, glowing lights at night.

Access to restore.bat denied

This indicates you have antivirus or some other security software preventing FTXcentral from operating properly, probably due to FSX being installed in the default location (Program-files folder has very high security)

First thing to try is right-clicking the FTXcentral icon and selecting >> Properties >> Compatibility >>  and ensure the tick-box in the Privilege Level section called "Run this program as an administrator" is ticked

Thanks for the help guys. Sorry about the fake out on the first try at DX9. It seems that settings changes made from the drop downs during flight do not stay when I restart MSFS. I always need to exit the flight and use the main settings dialogue to get those things to stick for some reason.

Thanks again,

Dave

Archived