C-5A Galaxy around Ohakea NZ

ATRcaptain

What a beast!

I remember sitting on my friends garage roof and watching them go over when they landed on runway 10 at RAAF Richmond.   You always new a Galaxy was in town because of their unusual engine sound.

Thank you for sharing and bringing back memories.

Great set of shots.

Your plaything is one big hunk of metal.

What a beast!

I remember sitting on my friends garage roof and watching them go over when they landed on runway 10 at RAAF Richmond.   You always new a Galaxy was in town because of their unusual engine sound.

I can remember see them over 30 years ago going over Eastleigh at high level with their peculiar engine noise, and looking inside one at RAAF Richmond at the Bicentennial Airshow.

What a beast!

+1

Brad

Nice ones, I noticed that the gears seem to be at ninety degree from the longitudinal axis on picture number five. Am I wrong?

No you are not wrong! this shot shows the gear Extending - the gear on these beasts twist 90 degrees before retracting and extending - very interesting arrangement!

Archived