Hong Kong Express off Scotland

VH-KDK

A The Hong Kong Express is a  vessel operated by Hapag Lloyd.

Some facts.

Built in South Korea by Hyundai in March 2013.

Length 366.5m

Beam 48.2m

Gross tonnage 142295

1.ywWf4.jpg

Off Point Sands, Kintyre with Gigha Island in the background.

2.rCKBN.jpg

Looking back at Point Sands and Rhunahaorine.

3.SObf.jpg

Gigha Island on the left with Islay on the horizon.

4.2vXnZ.jpg

Off Jura.

5.3mNtr.jpg

Platforms in the Captain Field - Western Moray Firth Basin.

6.kzP8A.jpg

The Island of Hoy with Rora Head to the left and Sneuk Head above the ship.

7.WGyhY.jpg

South Hoy off Toy Ness.

All straight vees with minimal cropping except 4/5/7 which have been sharpened.

Martyn, with your moody shots of this Hamburg Express class vessel you are touching my other passion. My Grandpa often took me to the grand launches of freighters and tank ships at the now closed big wharfs of Bremen, AG Weser and Bremer Vulkan. We also stood for hours on the bank of the river Weser and watched the slow pass-bys from and to Bremen until they relocated most maritime economies to Bremerhaven.

Great shots and something really different indeed! But this particular "flight" certainly has an ultra long haul way to go ;)

Good job the speed can be set at 128x. Just have to remember to change it back to normal speed when flying an aircraft as my Duke went super sonic when I took it for a flight after doing this set :- .

Martyn, with your moody shots of this Hamburg Express class vessel you are touching my other passion. My Grandpa often took me to the grand launches of freighters and tank ships at the now closed big wharfs of Bremen, AG Weser and Bremer Vulkan. We also stood for hours on the bank of the river Weser and watched the slow pass-bys from and to Bremen until they relocated most maritime economies to Bremerhaven.

I don't know much about ships but they are impressive. We used to enjoy going down the Chao Phraya river when we stayed at my brother in laws at Samut Prakan in Thailand. You could get on a jetty there and watch the river traffic, a pleasant way to spend the evening as it was also cool on the water. The jetty was destroyed in a flood and my brother in law passed away 3 years ago. Times change.

Very nice set.

cheers

Iain

Something a little different, love it mate!

Where did these ships come from?

Rob , they are on the Simvation site.

Cool! :)

This is an excellent idea. Using ORBX superb scenery for boats. Opening up a whole new chapter! Your pictures are beautiful.

Another great aspect with these boats. Tried the railway simulator, good but not as exciting as FSX because you cannot explore.

Good shots, thanks

Spirit

Great shots Martyn , the first shot is perfect .

Cheers

Brad

Many thanks to everyone who commented. I will put more up between flights.

Archived