A Glencoe Pioneer.

VH-KDK

Found the freeware Scottish Aviation Pioneer last week end and did a flight through Glencoe.

Hadn't seen this a/c on the forum before but good to see Frank has found it too.

1. 6MHYk.jpg

Leaving Oban and with Ardmucknish Bay on the right.

2.Y0i8d.jpg

Heading up Loch Linnhe over Shuna.

3.Xkrpi.jpg

The A861 follows the valley under Garbh Bheinn.

4.t2zjc.jpg

Now over Loch Leven with the village of North Ballachulish.

5.lkZIo.jpg

Now into Glencoe with the prominent peak of Meall Mor.

6.BKGte.jpg

Sgor nam Fiannaidh is to the left.

7. KUWnr.jpg

Buachaille Etive Beag-Stob Dubh rises above the Twin Pioneer.

8.PeObz.jpg

Looking back down Glencoe. the Massacre of Glencoe happened In 1692 when the MacDonalds were massacred for failing to swear allegiance to the new monarchs William and Mary. Some did escape and we have been paying the price ever since!

9.e63Y1.jpg

Now heading north passing the Blackwater Reservoir.

10.FepUK.jpg

Loch Leven can be seen again with the town of Kinlochleven.

11.cQUeZ.jpg

Ben Nevis.

12.Hp58l.jpg

Loch Eilde Mor.

13.M5BkV.jpg

14.tVO0k.jpg

Now over Allt Creagan na Seibhaig at Craigbeg. The next body of water is Loch Laggan.

15.guaV.jpg

Loch Ghuilbinn with Loch Ossian beyond.

Hope you enjoy

All straight vees with minimal cropping as usual.

Excellent set, both for the scenery and plane. Hope you had time to take a sip of that nice Oban scotch before leaving. I was looking at your clouds and vis and it seems to me that you are using a pretty good weather simulator. Which one is it?

nice set of shots !

Nice set, liked the tour

Great looking AC and tour Martyn .

Cheers

Brad

Great tour Martyn and beautiful shots.

Excellent set, both for the scenery and plane. Hope you had time to take a sip of that nice Oban scotch before leaving. I was looking at your clouds and vis and it seems to me that you are using a pretty good weather simulator. Which one is it?

Francois it is REX Essential Plus.

Beautiful misty pictures from a great tour!

Great shots, like'm all!

Great pics! Reminds me a bit of the Blackburn Beverley.

Many thanks to you all for your great comments.

Great, the Twin Pioneer in her natural habitat! I like the Pioneer more and more because she's very stable and reasonably easy to fly.

Nice....very nice, very different looking aircraft "from the norm" over lovely scenery mate :)

Interesting plane Martyn, fantastic shots of her!!

Adam

Very nice set these.

cheers

Iain

Thanks to you all for commenting. Hope you all enjoyed.

they are very good shots and it is a privilege to enjoy them.

BUT the McDonalds were massacred because they were Jacobite loyalists it is true, but in the most dastardly manner. They gave Highland hospitality to visitors who rose up and killed them in their beds.  My Grandfather McDonald was born in NZ yet to his dying day, he warned us never to trust a Campbell, although he was a Presbyterian and had little interest in the Jacobite cause by that stage.  Although by the way that he talked Flora McDonald of the Skye Boat Song could have been his grandnmother.

So fly up the Great Glen and over Ballacuilish remembering those fine McDonalds killed in their beds by the 'orrible Campbells!

they are very good shots and it is a privilege to enjoy them.

BUT the McDonalds were massacred because they were Jacobite loyalists it is true, but in the most dastardly manner. They gave Highland hospitality to visitors who rose up and killed them in their beds.  My Grandfather McDonald was born in NZ yet to his dying day, he warned us never to trust a Campbell, although he was a Presbyterian and had little interest in the Jacobite cause by that stage.  Although by the way that he talked Flora McDonald of the Skye Boat Song could have been his grandnmother.

So fly up the Great Glen and over Ballacuilish remembering those fine McDonalds killed in their beds by the 'orrible Campbells!

Thanks for your interesting post. Yet another sad chapter in our so violent world.

Drove through Glencoe over 40 years ago. Hard to believe such a beautiful part of the world has such a terrible past.

And to show how local it was, and how old the clan rivalries, the Argylls who did the deed, were mainly English and with few Campbells amongst them.  But the Duke of Argyll, the head of Clan Campbell, had his seat in Inverary, just south of Oban.

Never trust a Campbell or a man who parts his hair in the middle, was my Grandfather McDonald's constant warning!

Archived