KBZN Error Message - DLL.XML file is corrupt

Rexbo47

Hello,

I just purchased KBZN and proceeded to install at the end of the installation, I got a pop-up that reads: 

"Your DLL.xml file appears to be corrupt. ModuleInstaller cannot add the module to a corrupt XML file.

Replace DLL.XML with a new file?

Click YES to replace DLL.XML with an empty new file and continue. Note that any other modules you may have
installed will stop working.

Click NO to abort the installation."

I clicked "NO" since I don't want to kill any other modules I may have (whatever they are).

I seem to remember something like this happening with another airport but I can't for the life of me remember the fix/workaround.

I appreciate your assistance.

What next?

Thanks

Rex

Unfortunately, I answered Yes and the installer completely obliterated the dll.xml file - the only lines there when you opened up in an editor were for KBZN.  Also knocked out FSXFlight which I cannot get to connect anymore.  Real bummer...

Frank

Any assistance with MY question?

Read this http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a92/dllxml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx

What I commonly do is a backup copy of FSX.cfg, EXE.xml, DLL.xml and Scenery.cfg. I install an add-on, see if it's working and redo the backup. So usually I have, for example, a DLL.xml and DLL.bkp. If something goes wrong I can restore the last working file. Since I had the same problem as you I found the solution reading the information in the link above.

Read this http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a92/dllxml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx

What I commonly do is a backup copy of FSX.cfg, EXE.xml, DLL.xml and Scenery.cfg. I install an add-on, see if it's working and redo the backup. So usually I have, for example, a DLL.xml and DLL.bkp. If something goes wrong I can restore the last working file. Since I had the same problem as you I found the solution reading the information in the link above.

Thanks for the link TheMan_RJ.

I'll be trying to fix my dll.xml this evening.

I have the same problem Rexbo47.  I aborted my first KBZN install when I got the two decompression errors for fx_Orbx_YBUD_Beacon_Gr.fx and fx_Orbx_YBUD_Beacon_Wh.fx.  I clicked ignore on the second install attempt and got the same corrupt dll.xml error you have.

Nobody has replied to my 19 Sep post though.  Glad someone answered yours.

Thanks for the link TheMan_RJ.

I'll be trying to fix my dll.xml this evening.

I have the same problem Rexbo47.  I aborted my first KBZN install when I got the two decompression errors for fx_Orbx_YBUD_Beacon_Gr.fx and fx_Orbx_YBUD_Beacon_Wh.fx.  I clicked ignore on the second install attempt and got the same corrupt dll.xml error you have.

Nobody has replied to my 19 Sep post though.  Glad someone answered yours.

It seems something didn't work with the installer, leading to an incomplete ("corrupt") file.

I went into my DLL.XML using info from the site TheMan_RJ linked and discovered that there was text missing directing FSX to load the "Flow" data for KBZN. I recreated it following the text protocol of PAJN and others. It seems to be working fine at this point.

It's disturbing that none of the ORBX gurus are addressing this. I'm accustomed to a higher level of support. from them.

Good luck fixing yours.

Thank you, Sir!

That was very helpful.

Archived