FTX - Is it US$25 or Variable?

a49002

The FTX Website has indicated for some time that the price of FTX Regions will be set at US$25.00, but I notice that the Flightsimstore price currently shows the price to be US$26.39?

At the time of FTX release I hope that this will be US$25.00 multiplied by the current Aussie exchange rate at that time, as that was what has been advertised and keeps at least one possible variable set.

Many thanks.

Paul

Flightsimstore uses an exchange rate sourced from common international currency sites. We leave it up to their discretion as to how they apply that formula. Without trying to sound arrogant, would you really object to a price variation of a dollar in the example you've given? Would that change your mind about a purchase? Just curious :)

Flightsimstore uses an exchange rate sourced from common international currency sites. We leave it up to their discretion as to how they apply that formula. Without trying to sound arrogant, would you really object to a price variation of a dollar in the example you've given? Would that change your mind about a purchase? Just curious :)

John,

It would absolutely not change my mind, I fully intend to purchase this product and have in fact been an avid supporter of FEX/FTX in many forums for quite a while.

I buy all of the software on my PC (nothing hacked or cracked whatsoever) but I believe in a company honouring its advertising. What is only a dollar or two to a single purchaser is actually far more to a company when multiplied by hundreds or thousands. 

Paul

Well perhaps then, I should change the text on the website...

In fact, given the absolutely head smacking we are getting with the AUD-USD exchange rate, it's probably a good idea to do so - thanks for the heads up on the currency fluctuations. I'll get onto it asap.

And I 100% agree - we should not be advertising a fixed price if the e-store varies from that. Appreciate the input.

UPDATE: Website has been changed and I have updated the FAQ here: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=355.0

Btw John, I got this from the FAQ: "The price may vary according to the AUD to AUD currency fluctuations, but we'll keep those variations to a minimum".

USD to AUD fluctuates a bit I believe, but AUD to AUD, not so much  :P

Hahaha! Well spotted Auzy :)  Fixed now.

The people getting real value for money are those purchasing in Euro or UKP. About the cost of a Big Mac super-sized meal over there!  ;D ;D ;D

Couldn't agree more.. so before the pound plumets again, can you get the product released please  ;D  ;D

Couldn't agree more.. so before the pound plumets again, can you get the product released please  ;D  ;D

rubbing hands as the Euro only seems to rise against the US Dollar or was it the Dollar dropping => 1,49 US $ for only 1 Euro and for the Brittish Pound it wouldn't be different me thinks ;)

btw, good to see ya here Sir Triton, spoken as a True Scot, money first ..... lol ;D

• 4 weeks later...

Who cares about the price for a product such as FTX? I would like to know from the ORBX team that when I install the FTX do I first uninstall 'Cloud 8 AU, VS-X 1.0 and FS-X Aust Vectors?

No to all the above. Just install FTX and you're away. It happily co-exists with all those products.

This is typed very much with tongue in cheek - please read it that way

Get your tongue right BEFORE continueing

Thats better

Its just a crazy notion and I know that when most of the planning for this product was being done the $AUS was about US75c and the major market is probably the US - but how about the pricing being done in good old Ozzie $$$ - especially now that our buck is heading for parity (hehe) or would that be too hard for our US compatriots to handle? ::):o

Archived