CEF4 with service pack - Trailers on and off at airport...

cvearl

I have a fresh FSX build with NA Regions. Installed payware CEF4 Airdrie and patched it. A few issues...

1. When flying around it, or flying the pattern, the trailers in the yard turn on and off (appear and disappear).

2. Also noticed there are two football stadiums in Calgary NW of downtown now? There is only one in Calgary. McMahon Stadium with a baseball diamond beside it.

3. I am not sure if this was the latest NRM patch or the Airdrie scenery but I see the (much appreciated) addition of Stony Trail. But at night and dawn/dusk, it sticks out oddly. It's that perimeter road in NE Calgary.

4. I wish for performance reasons to be able to reduce the number of trailers in the config tool? But if I can't oh well.

Otherwise, fantastic scenery!

Absolutely fantastic. :)

Charles.

Thanks, Charles! Yeah - one thing at the time. There are three soccer fields there - looking at GE - (nothing in the standard MS FSX library) and a track and field oval (again - nothing in the lib.). Same for the baseball diamond or mid-sized baseball stadium. I guess just us Calgarians know, though! :)

Disappearing trailers - one Beta tester reported this, but I couldn't reproduce it. And to turn them on / off - I would have to start place everything from scratch to group all the objects separately. When I have a minute, will look at it and perhaps have a little patch ready... And perhaps do something about the soccer pitches as well!

Thanks, Charles! Yeah - one thing at the time. There are three soccer fields there - looking at GE - (nothing in the standard MS FSX library) and a track and field oval (again - nothing in the lib.). Same for the baseball diamond or mid-sized baseball stadium. I guess just us Calgarians know, though! :)

Disappearing trailers - one Beta tester reported this, but I couldn't reproduce it. And to turn them on / off - I would have to start place everything from scratch to group all the objects separately. When I have a minute, will look at it and perhaps have a little patch ready... And perhaps do something about the soccer pitches as well!

By the way... I have a few pilots lined up to take you up at Springbank if you ever got time.

Charles.

• 4 months later...

1. When flying around it, or flying the pattern, the trailers in the yard turn on and off (appear and disappear).

I too have the flickering trailers problem as well the roof tops of the hangers shimmer on/off as I fly around (almost like the winter layer is going on/off). I have the boxed version and the patch installed (FSS transaction #101019036).

I don't think it is that Vlad as it does not happen at other airports.

It's like the snow texture on the rooftop disappears and reappears (and when it disappears I can see the normal summer one under it). It happens quickly like it is shimmering (vibrating on and off if that makes sense).

• 11 months later...

Has there ever been a fix for this? After just purchasing this airport and installing the latest patch and Orbxlibs, I am getting the same issue as the folks above. Otherwise the scenery looks marvelous. I do not have this issue at any other airport.

EDIT: I also re-ran the module installer to no avail. At a loss on this one.

Archived