ATC problem at PAJN

Bugdani

I also have the problem of not being able to get ATC concrete runway landing clearance. It only gives me water clearance. I have not been able to get take off clearance if I land and taxi, but don't close down again before attempting taxi to take off.

Rick

I noticed that when PAJN is selected, the "Current Airport" in the FSX Free Flight menu reads "Juneau International - SPB".

Did Microsoft choose to default to the Sea Plane Base side?

I selected my C185F amphibian and it spawned on 26 water (with "active runway" selected for the Current Airport).

If I select runway 26 for the starting position, it will start on 26 (concrete) and Tower clears me to take off on "runway 26".

Looking at the map during approach one can see that there are two parallel ILS approaches with identical names. Maybee it was forgotten to 'orphane' one of them during afcad generation. Could that be the culprit?

Harry

I noticed that when PAJN is selected, the "Current Airport" in the FSX Free Flight menu reads "Juneau International - SPB".

Did Microsoft choose to default to the Sea Plane Base side?

I selected my C185F amphibian and it spawned on 26 water (with "active runway" selected for the Current Airport).

If I select runway 26 for the starting position, it will start on 26 (concrete) and Tower clears me to take off on "runway 26".

I'd forgotten about that. It happened to me too!

So when I had the ATC hard runway clearance problem before, I was flying the new Twin Otter Extended wheeled version. Just now I was flying the Aerosoft Beaver X amphibian and requested a full stop land fully expecting a water clearance and ATC cleared me to land on runway 8. The mystery continues.

Gotta love MSFS X, it will keep you on your toes.

Rick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived