ADX 65S Bonners Ferry Review

John Venema

One thing not mentioned in the review that I really enjoy with this airport are the background sounds . The sound of someone mowing the grass was one thing that really

stood out for me . Jim and Alex should be very proud of what they have created here .

Brad

No I didn't miss it, I thought the deer was static. Not moving and did not move for 15 minutes while I worked my flight plan out of there. I thought there was an issue and hadn't got around to asking about it. I only noticed it after the review. And yes, the sounds were great!

So what is the deer coded to so because it indeed sat partly on the on the runway not moving. Any thoughts? It wasn't there before...

That's correct Brad, they have a 5% probability of showing up - but there are three of them, 2 static and one animated so I guess that increases the overall chance of whacking Bambi to 15%. BTW Jorge get's credit for the deer models, I just placed them there under ObjectFlow.

The sound of someone mowing the grass was one thing that really stood out for me

Glad you liked that Brad, those sounds should morph to chainsaws and heavy equipment later on in the year (the trigger is Oct 1), hopefully not too annoying, lol. As always thanks for the kind words BTW.

Thanks also D'Andre for the excellent review!

Jim

That's correct Brad, they have a 5% probability of showing up - but there are three of them, 2 static and one animated so I guess that increases the overall chance of whacking Bambi to 15%. BTW Jorge get's credit for the deer models, I just placed them there under ObjectFlow.

Glad you liked that Brad, those sounds should morph to chainsaws and heavy equipment later on in the year (the trigger is Oct 1), hopefully not too annoying, lol. As always thanks for the kind words BTW.

Thanks also D'Andre for the excellent review!

Jim

Hey Jim, okay so the deer was static after all. Hmmm should I add that to the review or let pilots freak out when they see it on final?

Archived