Jet 2 at arriving back into Manchester from the Canary Islands.

Josh4forest1

Jet 2 landing at Manchester operating a charter flight from Gran Caneria. Left Manchester about 8:30 in the morning. Arrived at Gran Caneria just before 1:00 and back into Manchester about 5:30. (When this picture was taken.)

XHM02.png

Was a very enjoyable days flying arriving back at a busy Manchester. This is thanks to IVAO:

Urge you all to try out IVAO here is the link:http://www.ivao.co.uk/new/getstarted,pilot

IVAO is basically an online network.You might think its stressful setting it up but you could be flying online in about 15 minutes its SO easy! John V let me put a little post to show you the network but  kept it light in respect for him and his great products in the FTX forum. So any problems setting up post below Ill get back to you in a few hours. The UK are holding a new members online night on the 29th August starting at Manchester. IFR, VFR etc come and give us a vist!

Kindest Regards

Josh

Cheers Brad and Francois glad you like the shot.

I love flying online! I use Vatsim though.

I use to fly in Vatsim but when I changed to IVAO I haven't looked back since, it really is streaks ahead! Come and give is a try :) Many things I prefer including the voice client (Teamspeak) and MTL( Multiplayer Traffic Library) this is a 30 second download allowing you to see all aircraft in the correct type and livery to a high quality and performance. Just give us a go ;)

Cheers

Just three more shots to show you all IVAO. I wont post anymore but would love to welcome some more of you to the network.  No computerised AI used in these photos!

YutzD.jpg

With permissions Stefan Bratner: A range of traffic departing Heathrow for an evening flight.

8mpgT.png

Traffic at Gatwick showing the quality of others planes thanks to the MTL.

VSLAb.png

With permissions Dan Lewington: Some members performing a formation flight on the network.

Regards

Josh

Hi Guys,

Just a friendly reminder about our New members night in the UK tommorow from 18z staff will be on hand to ansew any questions you have. IFR traffic is from a fully staffed Manchester down to a fully staffed Gatwick with London Control and other stations taking you there. If your more into GA feel free to come and do some circuits or even a cross country flight. We are expecting a good turn out so seen you all on my TCAS ;)

Cheers

some good pictures there !

Lots of french people are using IVAO's tools, a usual meeting exists on friday night 22.00 Zulu to perform some flights around french polynesia...

But not everyone has got the time and the knowledge to perform some IVAO's network flights...

Perhaps does the network flight need to be more visible and less complicated, and perhaps should IVAO presents the flight processes for each country with simple explanation about navigation (how to use ADF,ILS,NDB,etc...), categories (VFR-IFR-ABCDEF...), restrictions and obligations (have a look to a real flight map if you never have, you should be lost without the necessary knowledge) and the pilots language on the ground and in the air... Yes : lots of things to learn or to know before doing a "real" virtual flight in the good conditions.

some good pictures there !

Lots of french people are using IVAO's tools, a usual meeting exists on friday night 22.00 Zulu to perform some flights around french polynesia...

But not everyone has got the time and the knowledge to perform some IVAO's network flights...

Perhaps does the network flight need to be more visible and less complicated, and perhaps should IVAO presents the flight processes for each country with simple explanation about navigation (how to use ADF,ILS,NDB,etc...), categories (VFR-IFR-ABCDEF...), restrictions and obligations (have a look to a real flight map if you never have, you should be lost without the necessary knowledge) and the pilots language on the ground and in the air... Yes : lots of things to learn or to know before doing a "real" virtual flight in the good conditions.

Thanks for your reply,

Yes it is a learning curve to transition to online flying but its is an enjoyable time. There are lots of documents on the IVAO UK page with nearly everything you need to know from ILS frequencies to VFR restricitions. For new flyers I couldnt reccomend to you enough come and have a look tommorow. There will be alot of traffic but friendly staff on call to ansew ANY questions you have.

Id also like to say at this point I dont work for IVAO or part of the staff I'm just a simmer who loves the network ;)

Cheers

Thanks for your reply,

Yes it is a learning curve to transition to online flying but its is an enjoyable time. There are lots of documents on the IVAO UK page with nearly everything you need to know from ILS frequencies to VFR restricitions. For new flyers I couldnt reccomend to you enough come and have a look tommorow. There will be alot of traffic but friendly staff on call to ansew ANY questions you have.

Id also like to say at this point I dont work for IVAO or part of the staff I'm just a simmer who loves the network ;)

Cheers

Hi Josh, no misunderstanding concerning that you aren't a part of IVAO, network flying is just a new dimension for aircraft simulator with some controllers for the towers, some other simmers to flight with or above you. But it really need to invest a great part of time before being able to connect and flight in 15 minutes... Of course, the UK part of IVAO is well furnished, i don't know if the french part is as much documented.

Unfortunatly, in France (and in my personal thought and experiment), i think that foreign languages are very bad teached. Not that the teachers are bad or good, i don't think that the problem comes from here. The principal problem is that we do not practice enought and that rules are teached without being well explained... So there are lots of french people that have difficulties (or barrely can't traduct) with another language than French, because of this fact. Fortunatly, internet and computers push people to evoluate and to practice english every day for thoses who aren't afraid ;)

So now Josh, how much IVAO's stock options didi you earn ? :D  :lol:  8)

Hi Josh, no misunderstanding concerning that you aren't a part of IVAO, network flying is just a new dimension for aircraft simulator with some controllers for the towers, some other simmers to flight with or above you. But it really need to invest a great part of time before being able to connect and flight in 15 minutes... Of course, the UK part of IVAO is well furnished, i don't know if the french part is as much documented.

Unfortunatly, in France (and in my personal thought and experiment), i think that foreign languages are very bad teached. Not that the teachers are bad or good, i don't think that the problem comes from here. The principal problem is that we do not practice enought and that rules are teached without being well explained... So there are lots of french people that have difficulties (or barrely can't traduct) with another language than French, because of this fact. Fortunatly, internet and computers push people to evoluate and to practice english every day for thoses who aren't afraid ;)

So now Josh, how much IVAO's stock options didi you earn ? :D  :lol:  8)

The first time I went online I just flew circuits around a staffed airports so I could get confidence up speaking on the frequency that also allowed me to hear other comms as well helping my understanding. After just a week of my first online flight I did my first IFR flight with success. This was achieved by listening to London Control mainly but it was easier than planned.:)

And like you I don't no about the French Division sorry.

I can't really speak about the language barrier being English (both lucky and arrogant ;) ) its the only language I really speak. Spanish roughly but I use English obviously when online. I flew into Paris today on the network and you will find that some of the other divisions use there native language in the airspace as a second option for those unfamiliar with English.

Cheers

Archived