Single Machine Licence or Single-User Licence

Mark Richards

I've finally bitten the bullet recently and upgraded from my beloved FS9 to FSX (well installed FSX as well as FS9) and so far so good for frame rates.  Now all I need is some decent aircraft addons!

Naturally this meant sitting down and finding out where FTX was at after watching John Venema's superb presentation at the VATSIM Oceania Convention in October last year and am thrilled to find out that AUBlue (my home area to boot!) is only weeks from hitting the virtual shelves.

I invest 100s of dollars each year in Flight Sim and FTX will be no different.  I do not support torrent sites or what they stand for. I work hard to earn money for my favourite hobby and therefore look forward to contributing to the development of FTX by purchasing each region as it is released.

I have FSX installed on both my desktop machine and my notebook.  Will the FTX licence be a single machine or a single user licence?  i.e. Can I install the same copy on both machines?

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

We use an honour system, so that means you'll have a serial number for a single license on a single PC for a single user. If however, you use your laptop to essentially use the same setup on the road, we're not going to prevent you from doing that. There's no validation system (we hate them!), just the serial number to unlock the wrapper.

That said, your serial number is locked to your user account at flightsimstore, and if we see serials on torrent sites, we can trace them back to the licensee, and action will be taken.

Hi John

Thanks for your prompt reply and yes, that is a really good description of what I do.  I'm a self confessed FS addict and use the notebook for when I am not at home using my desktop PC.  I've just got back from a week staying with my mother in NZ and having my laptop was a godsend  ;)

Appreciate your assistance and I'm really excited about the FTX, it looks great! 

Well this answers my question I posted else where above in the forum I was wanting to buy 2 copies of the Blue region when released to give 1 copy to a mate. But if the lic/key is stuck with my account then screw him he can buy it himself which will never happen...... (Lets just say wife has him by the wedding tackle). I was going to load it up on my rig and have him over to show then hand over the present but now I'm going to load it up and make him suffer that I have it and he ain't getting it.  ;D ;D ;D

That said, your serial number is locked to your user account at flightsimstore

Skorpn, I would imagine that Adrian's (flightsimstore) system would be flexible enough to handle him manually inputing a different user from the purchaser for situations you describe (gifts etc). It would definitely be worth checking with him about because it could just be a matter of a couple of comments attached to the purchase email.

G'day SkOrPn,

There are a number of things we can do with regard to purchasing the software for your mate. The gift voucher link that Jay provided is probably a good suggestion. That way when he redeems his voucher he'll also be setting up his account that will be loaded with just the right amount to purchase FTX.

Send me an email via the store closer to release date if you like as we can discuss further options.

• 1 month later...

Adrian is the guy that got VOZ/VSX on disc for cost $5, a more honest and nice businessman I have never met.

It was worth creating an account here just to second that comment - I will NEVER use my credit card on the internet in any way but was quite happy to give the numbers to Adrian over the phone and very happy with his excellent service

Archived