The Great Glen Fault and beyond. Part 2

VH-KDK

We continue down Loch Linnie to Colonsay.

11.J4Zox.jpg

Now flying along Loch Linnie passing Aryhoulan. Stob Corrie a'Chearcaill is on the right with Glas Bheinn in the centre.

12.mkADV.jpg

The Loch narrows at Corran. The fish farm is visible here I would think farming Salmon.

13.tj05a.jpg

Loch Leven is on the right with the narrows at Corran clearly visible and Loch Linnie stretching up to Fort William. Tom Meadhoin and Mam na Gualainn are mountains just behind Loch Leven.

14.sr5Vi.jpg

Loch Linnie is now widening out at Camasnacrosie on Loch a'Chorie, where there are more fish farms.

15.eOGCm.jpg

The island of Kerrera is below the port wing. The town of Oban is on the left.

16.n8YE9.jpg

The island of Lismore, Loch Creran and Ardmucknish Bay are to the right.

17.LudqT.jpg

Our destination of Colonsay is now in sight.

18.8oDBR.jpg

Turning to Colonsay airport with the Paps of Jura rising in the centre.

19.aO2H5.jpg

Heading for runway 29.

20.x8Fqe.jpg

My school reports were always like this:- Landing D-, Martyn spends too much time looking at the scenery out of the window. Must practice landings more and pay attention.

Hope you enjoyed looking.

Thanks for taking us along on your winter trip thru Scotland . Great captures Martyn , have a great weekend down there in OZ .

Cheers

Brad

Thanks Brad.

Hope you have a good one yourself when it gets there.

It's great simming weather here, cold and showery. Door shut, heater on, music on, computers on, wife at work.... YAY.

Some real nice winterscapes from Scotland you made VH! Keep yourself warm there ;)

Cheers

Looking at the winter weather makes me feel cooler in this summer heat, excellent shots.

I could use some snow and cold today with temps in the 90s and high humidity. :D  Terrific set of shots Martyn !!

Adam

hey Martyn

Another great set mate,I love flying in Scotland

Cheers stu

Thanks gents for the comments.

Thursday was one of the warmest July days on record here, today was only 9c which is cold for here.

Archived