A Few More From 65S Bonners Ferry

65S boasts 245 mega-pixels of synthesized 2cm groundpoly textures at this point, which pretty well wraps up the GP :) . Working on some grass placements and light maps at the moment, still a few fiddly things to do like adding some runway lights, etc. Here's the result of a recent photo mission.

65s_47.jpg

65s_46.jpg

65s_48.jpg

65S_56.jpg

65S_57.jpg

65S_58.jpg

65S_59.jpg

65S_60.jpg

65S_61.jpg

65S_62.jpg

65S_63.jpg

65S_64.jpg

65S_65.jpg

65S_66.jpg

65S_55.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Jim

Living in Eastern Washington my entire life I have been through Bonner's Ferry numerous times , however I never got up to the airport . I am looking

forward to many flights in and out of this new scenery . Thanks Jim for your work on this .

Brad

Looks absolutely beautiful, it's certainly a day one purchase for me. However, I have just one question/request: will the airport have at least one "usable" hangar?

Best regards,

Tym

Thanks everyone for the great feedback, it really means a lot. Tym, what do you mean exactly with useable hangar? You mean like a hangar with it's door open on certain days? At this point I don't dare add any unplanned features or else you guys won't see this scenery until September, but in all likelihood the airport will be service packed a couple months after release so I'll see what I can do for the SP.

BPL, that panel was made by Bill Womack, you can get it here, scroll down about 1/3 of the way through the page:

http://iblueyonder.com/freeware/

Jim

Tym, what do you mean exactly with useable hangar? You mean like a hangar with it's door open on certain days?

Sorry for being a bit vague... Yes, I mean a hangar that has its door open and the interior modelled -- for example, KORS and 2WA1 have such hangars (with parking spots defined, too). I realize it's a minor thing, but it really adds to the immersion, especially with GA planes that have ground handling (tow bar, etc.) modelled.

Thanks,

Tym

This will be one beautiful addition to anyone's scenery library.  But then I may be a bit prejudiced.

I'm really looking forward to this.  Jim, I just noticed that you're from Bonners Ferry.  No wonder it's getting the magic touch.

I couldn't believe that my corner of the world was getting so much Orbx attention. 

This is going to be great for regional hops to Felts Field and down to the ol' Long View Ranch in eastern OR.  Jim I hope you are able to do some more up in that area of Northern ID.  Pretty country out there.

What sky texture is that Jim, wouldnt mind using that for my New Zealand scenery, very nice shots....

Paul

Hi Paul, I believe those are from Pablo Diaz's freeware HDE v1.0 package converted to 32 bit for FSX use. Note that there's an HDE v1.0 and an HDE v2.0 and the sky textures are different between the two. I'm using the sky textures from HDE v1 and the cloud textures from HDE v2 in these shots IIRC. Also the HDE packages were for FS9 so the sky textures need to be converted to 32 bit or they'll crash the sim. I think there's a download on Simviation where someone's already done the FSX conversions.

Jim

Thanks Howard, an RTM build will be up for testing probably tomorrow, if the beta team finds it acceptable, release should follow in a few days. On the other hand if they find more warts that need fixing, I may be going back to the drawing board for a while, lol. The team is pretty tied up with FTX Global at the moment, so testing may take a little longer than usual.

Thanks Howard, an RTM build will be up for testing probably tomorrow, if the beta team finds it acceptable, release should follow in a few days. On the other hand if they find more warts that need fixing, I may be going back to the drawing board for a while, lol. The team is pretty tied up with FTX Global at the moment, so testing may take a little longer than usual.

Jim I bet you are excited.  I know I am looking forward to this.  Hope we are getting close now.

Yes, getting close, the beta testers are spread pretty thin at the moment, I wouldn't look for a release prior to FTX Global but it should follow soon after. Thanks for your interest, yeah, pretty excited :) .

I grabbed a screenshot after some grass placements the other night:

65S_67.jpg

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Jim,

I know we're all riding the amazing wave of FTX Global, but I just want to check in and see how your stunning 65S is coming along. We haven't forgotten you, as many of us are looking forward to the release of your very sweet Bonner's Ferry.

Thanks,

Ted

Thanks guys, yes it's still coming along, the plan is to submit an RTM-A for beta testing on Monday, we had an RTM built already but during FTX Global week I added a bunch of new stuff so now we've decided to scrap our current RTM and build a new one incorporating my new stuff. I need to get my files together today and get them to Alex so he can put together another build, then that goes to Ed and he makes an installer out of it. We post that and let the beta team scrutinize it, hopefully we'll get 3 greens on beta testing and then it will be released.

Here are some shots of the new stuff.

Precision Helicopters ground poly and some new clutter. The concrete pad is the "1 (helipad)" start location in the go to airport menu, but you can start there with an airplane too:

65S_73.jpg

65S_74.jpg

65S_75.jpg

Added a modeled VASI in favor of the prior afcad VASI (4° glideslope!):

65S_78.jpg

65S_76.jpg

65S_77.jpg

Jim

And.... JV goes on vacation for 10 days. I don't guess this release will get held up for that, will it?

RTM has been handed to the testers and once it's been cleared we'll still go to release. It's a well oiled machine even with John out of office

RTM has been handed to the testers and once it's been cleared we'll still go to release. It's a well oiled machine even with John out of office

I assumed that was the case, but it is nice to hear confirmation, thanks Alex.

Archived