FTX Global - new Asia, Middle East, Hawaii, South America and EU textures

Hello all,

The team has been busy on finalising the last of the new textures to fill in the gaps for various parts of the world. These include specific textures for Asia, South America, Hawaii, rural Europe and the Middle East.

We hope to have a full beta build ready for testing by the end of next week.

Ftdl.jpg

L9eKZ.jpg

dp2D4.jpg

knuta.jpg

zDHaf.jpg

Ifm7F.jpg

xfV8.jpg

zJPYo.jpg

9ji5b.jpg

ydwIR.jpg

owzk.jpg

pQzc6.jpg

JV and everyone at ORBX involved into FTX Global:

Congratulations for this absolute great texture-package ready for delivery soon!

I loved FTX Global right after i first saw its announcement here and love it even more by now!

Superb work!

Really looking very, very much forward to it!

Cheers, Christoph

great realy great.  

can you ask pmdg if they also release the 777 on 15.7. :)  That would be a glorius day 

Ccan`t wait to get my first orbx product: orbx world :)

Your in luck because Robert Randazzo (PMDG) stated in a new update on their forum that the 777 was to be released 5 weeks ago but one of the head modellers wanted to make the VC much better than before. This is sort of telling you that the 777 will be released between this week and next week ( if they don't hit any delays). Go check out the PMDG forum if you haven't.

Hello all,

The team has been busy on finalising the last of the new textures to fill in the gaps for various parts of the world. These include specific textures for Asia, South America, Hawaii, rural Europe and the Middle East.

We hope to have a full beta build ready for testing by the end of next week.

Looking really good!

But take yourself all the time you need! Don’t be afraid of the pack waiting in anticipation! ;) 

The Asian textures look brilliant.

Originally I was turned off by one of the first FTXG pics showing "cow pastures" in Laos - but now I'm confident that FTXG is a must-buy. 

hmm, I've always flown at .50 that's where it looks the most natural to me, 70-100 is way too zoomed in.

I'll assume you haven't set "wideviewaspect = true" (with it false .50 is the equivalent to around .90 with it true) in your .cfg because with it .50 is nowhere near a natural viewpoint and is highly skewed.

Mathmatically, 1.0 is the most realistic but I use .80 to simulate some peripheral vision (as do most people I've seen).

Regardless, these preview shots are obviously showing a highly skewed fisheye effect.

no, I have wideview aspect set to true (and at true, my fsx defaults to .70)  the default eyepoint is too far back, so I move it forwards and I always fly at .50.   when I say that it's the most natural to me, I'm not talking about mathematics, or "realism".  1.0 may be 1:1 what you would see in a real plane at the same position (but mathematically would also have to account for your monitor size to make that claim).  but people don't fly aircraft looking through a 23" diagonal pane of glass with everything else blacked out.  a natural viewpoint to me is one that encompasses your normal field of view in the pilot's seat, and 1.0 does not give you that same panorama (unless you have one of those three monitor setups, in which case, I would probably fly at higher aspect as well)  also, this is not scientific, but it seems to me that fsx scenery objects are inflated in size compared to the real world, and that is another factor to consider as well.

In any case,  you bring up an interesting point.  do most flight simmers fly at 1.0 zoom, or do most zoom out?  I have been flying my own setup so long, I feel that .50 is "normal" to me.  the other question is, if you do fly at 1.0,  what scenery do you own that appears sharp and detailed at that aspect so as to make these shots deemed to be hiding flaws?

JV FSX Global is a very significant game changer.  I believe that it will become the absolute successor to default scenery in both FSX and P3D.  Indeed Lockheed Martin should save themselves a bundle and buy your scenery on a royalty basis for v2.0

And with your new landclasses being released on a regional scale, suddenly our flightsim world will be utterly and finally transformed.

Congratulations on your innovation, persistence and commitment.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I am from Argentina, I have one query, only Brasil is depicted with accuracy? I mean, what about Argentina?

Hi Laura, FTXglobal covers the entire globe, including Argentina

Fantastic, well done John and your Orbx Team.  Looking forward to the all new FTx Global.

hkterry, its already been released, and I believe you already have it!

Hi Laura, FTXglobal covers the entire globe, including Argentina

hkterry, its already been released, and I believe you already have it!

Hi Tim,

I think that what Laura was trying to say is that according to the pictures on the OP, only Brazil cities were represented with the updated "Southamerican" textures, so perhaps she was asking if the rest of the region got updated as well (including Argentina).

I'm from Centralamerica btw and been using FTX Global along with FTX Global Vector, so far so great. Waiting for Open LC Southamerica tho :(.

Cheers,

Hubert

Archived