FTX: AU YBRM Broome International Airport. Comment

jcmmg

Hi all

I'm writing a review about this addon and for me a normal practice is to compare the list of features vs my experience using it.

I considered that this is one of the most detailed towns ever modeled in FSX, but its coverage area doesn’t feel as big as it was stated. IMHO it is difficult to see how this package has a huge area, but I can be wrong, because it is not clear what you mean with huge coverage area, so that's why I'm writing this threat.

To explore Broome package, it requires less than half an hour. To name an example, ORBX KJAC is a huge airport-scenery addon, it took me a couple of hours to explore it, even if you are using a fast plane, given the detailed mountain and valleys.

Also on Flightsimstore indicates that "including the entire Broome township and Dampier Peninsula" as part of the description, but Dampier Peninsula scenery is not shown on your manual coverage map.

Please don't get me wrong, maybe this is a case of misunderstanding, as I'm not from Australia, so I'm looking to learn a bit more...

Looking forward for your replay

Clear skies,

Julio

G'day Julio,

Thanks for your feedback, always happy to take comments such as these. In reply to your points, a couple of my own:

1. You are correct that the wording on the product page is probably not the best, these were my own so I'll take that on the chin. With that in mind however, the first (and major) preview for this product included a visual diagram showing exactly the extent of the coverage area. This is something I have made sure to do with all of my recent packages (including both KJAC and YBRM, as well as KSFF and 74S) to ensure customers have a very clear idea of what is included. 

2. You are also correct that the coverage is not as big as Jackson Hole, however KJAC is unique amongst our airport products (or any addon-airports for FSX, for that matter) to include such an enormous coverage area. Broome has approx 130 sq km of coverage area, which is still one of the larger coverage areas amongst coverage areas. 

3. I believe firmly in including extra content "outside the airport perimeter" in all my packages to give you something to explore. Rather than having a large area of wilderness to explore (as I did with KJAC), I focused more on smaller details around Broome, such as many (many) points of interest, custom AI boats, unique vegetation libraries etc. You'll notice that KJAC doesn't have this kind of detail outside of the airport perimeter; as a point of reference both airports took roughly the same amount of time (around 6 months) to develop. 

I hope this gives you a little more insight from a developer's point of view; if you have any more queries or comments please feel free to ask. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks for your response and insides, YBRM is an amazing addon, I'm very happy about it. Thanks for your work, explanations, and time spent on creating this scenery. My submitting date was on Friday, but if I have a chance, I wonder if is ok for you that I add them as part of my review....

Archived