FTX EU Scotland, various.

Lovely shots there Iain!  

One of the reasons why I love flying in Alaska so much is because it reminds me of my Scotland, and these pictures kind of prove that.

I just wish FSX water didn't remind me of tin foil :D

I'm looking forward to posting some comparison screenshots with X-Plane 10 default scenery (not in this forum though, don't worry :P )

Where were these shots taken Iain?  

Dom

Where's the blancmange from the planet Skyron (in the Andromeda Galaxy) and the 48 million englishmen (and women) marching to the Scottish highlands in kilts (after being zapped by the blancmanges) ? (Monty Python; Episode Seven: You're no fun anymore) :D

Lovely shots there Iain!  

One of the reasons why I love flying in Alaska so much is because it reminds me of my Scotland, and these pictures kind of prove that.

I just wish FSX water didn't remind me of tin foil :D

I'm looking forward to posting some comparison screenshots with X-Plane 10 default scenery (not in this forum though, don't worry :P )

Where were these shots taken Iain?  

Dom

Turn your water down, med or low can sometimes be more realistic.

Most if these shots are in the central highlands, cairngorm area and around Loch Ness. The southern uplands aren't quite so rugged and the northern highlands are not quite the same, rugged hills but not so compact together.

Turn your water down, med or low can sometimes be more realistic.

Most if these shots are in the central highlands, cairngorm area and around Loch Ness. The southern uplands aren't quite so rugged and the northern highlands are not quite the same, rugged hills but not so compact together.

I find that FSX water looks pretty much stuck on with any settings.  It's an older shader model, so there's only so much you can do with it.  

It's the same with scenery shadows.  Tree shadows in FSX never move; they're just static.

Oh......and if one is allowed to have a moment of grandeur; having cycled around most of Scotland in my time; I'm quite aware of the geographical variations, but thanks anyway doc :D

Dom

Sorry, didn't realise. It's looks like a top Orbx scenery without being biased. I've mountain bikes most of it, west highland way, west to east coast, it's going to great be exploring it as it really looks the real deal.

Sorry, didn't realise. It's looks like a top Orbx scenery without being biased. I've mountain bikes most of it, west highland way, west to east coast, it's going to great be exploring it as it really looks the real deal.

Yes, cycling in Scotland is fantastic Doc :) .  

Nothing beats it really.  My wife and I did a journey by car which I had previously done by bike and it just wasn't the same.  

You don't get that feeling of being small; or the air rushing past you as you crash down the mountain side of Glen Coe :P .  

You're just too cocooned in the car and it's amazing how much that actually takes away from that feeling of.....being there.

Dom

Archived