Quickie in AUGold

IW11

AUGold after the last hottie + Ozx YARM + Carenado 182 RG + Russ & Butch's HD paint & panel + FS real wx.

I thought I'd take a quick flight around Armidale to see how the new scenery looks

Here we are for an early morning start at Armidale. You might be able to see the smoke belch from the exhaust on startup (it was easily seen my end).

Posted Image

Checking the wind before departure

Posted Image

We build towns faster than the early pioneers. Yesterday this was just a flat bit of ground, today it's Uralla!

Posted Image

Not to be out done here's Bendemeer with a bit of mist

Posted Image

Turning east to Woolbrook (no pic) over Mt Enmore & the gorge (very picturesque in real life)

looking for Hillgrove somewhere in that cloud. I'm flying vfr so I don't want to fly in that stuff.

Probably close enough now :-X

Posted Image

There's Hillgrove off to the left, don't blink or you might miss it. Good for a wp on the way to AUYSCH (aka YCFS)

There's a gold & antimony mine in the gorge at Hillgrove.

Posted Image

Now, where's Armidale? It's breakfast time. FSX real weather gave me a cloud bank to weave through for a few minutes

Posted Image

Armidale's over the left panel, it's quiet on the MBZ frequency so I'll probably join the circuit for rwy 23 on base leg

Posted Image

No worries, we're on final for rwy 23.

Not much wind & almost straight down the runway, heaps better than the last few days

Posted Image

Time for a Big Mac.  That's Mt Duval on the background. In real life it looks just like that.

Posted Image

For this flight I only used a Air Services Australia WAC chart and the YARM dme (YARM only has dme & ndb). The dme wasn't really needed.

I had the adf tuned but didn't use it. The flight only takes about one hour (that's probably the limit of my attention span ;D).

AUGold now has enough towns & villages to easily navigate visually in this area. Thanks to Orbx for this excellent scenery.

I'll never get any work done now ;D8)

For what it is worth before posting I size down these pics and optimize them in Imageready to keep file size small.

enjoy

Ian

Archived