FSX does not want to load unless in FTX Default

alexf

Was working fine two weeks ago. Have not used it since and now it stays on the opening screen forever. Task Manager shows it not responding. The process (Task Manager) still moves in size, fluctuating up and down within a range but stays there forever.

First I renamed fsx.cfg to see if it would be something in it. No dice.

Then I moved logbook.bin and no change.

Then I renamed the newest folder added to Addon Scenery. It complained it was missing so at least I knew it got that far in the loading sequence.

Next I switched FTX Central to Default and Bingo! it now works (in default). It loads and I can fly. Tried with a couple of my commercial market planes.

Switching back to any region it hangs with No Responding. Something must be corrupted somewhere.

One recommendation I received was to check the Scenery\World\Scenery before and after switching FTX Central. All files that count (in my view) get renamed to OFF and back. I can't find the fault.

Any ideas? At this point I'm condemned to default (ugh)

Not much happening here since yesterday. No takers.

Now the problem is compounded. Nothing has changed in the system but now FTX Central does not work. When I click on the icon, it asks for Admin permissions (Windows 7) as it always did, then it goes to the Task Bar at the bottom and stays there. Does not want to open so now I can't even change regions. As it is set in an FTX Region (not in default), the other problem applies so I can't even fly. Anywhere.

A comment and insight from anybody knowledgeable would be appreciated.

Hi Alex,

Sorry to hear of your woes there.

did you try and re-install the latest library files ? sometimes it helps and kicks the stuff back in gear

It worked! That did the trick. Thanks Wolter!

Archived