FTX Global - Video - Athens Versus Default FSX

John,

this video captured exactly how Athens looks! I even had a taste of ouzo  while I was watching the video :D .

Slowly slowly it is becoming an Obsession! I need a Picture! I Need it now please! send me a Picture and I will be fine for the next 2 hours. Later I might go out and beg for another one again! :D

OMG ok the New York/Houston video was pretty subtle.  you could see it but is wasn't glaring different (maybe the angles or altitude I don't know) but this is a blatantly obvious improvement.  My CC is already bleeding $$$ lol.

Another brief video in 1080p comparing FSX Default versus FTX Global over Athens.

Vanilla FSX, no addons.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEzMpoLGWvI

Hi JV,

Smash me if this is a silly question but just wanted to know if this will go okay with Fly Tampa's Athens?  Presuming I place it above FTX Global?

Hello John,

I am new here but I have a few years of flight sim experience.  I wanted to point out one small detail when flying over Athens in your video.  If you notice there is an abundance of blue roof buildings in these shots where in reality there are hardly any as you can see in this video of an Athens approach.

Flying to Athens many times the land is a bit more barren but depending on the season it is still nowhere near a desert as others have pointed out.   I hope this small correction of the buildings is taken into account when developing your awesome ftx global software.   I presently use a patch I got off of Avsim to remove the blue tiled buildings and it adds more realism for my flights in southern Europe.

Hello John,

I am new here but I have a few years of flight sim experience.  I wanted to point out one small detail when flying over Athens in your video.  If you notice there is an abundance of blue roof buildings in these shots where in reality there are hardly any as you can see in this video of an Athens approach.

Flying to Athens many times the land is a bit more barren but depending on the season it is still nowhere near a desert as others have pointed out.   I hope this small correction of the buildings is taken into account when developing your awesome ftx global software.   I presently use a patch I got off of Avsim to remove the blue tiled buildings and it adds more realism for my flights in southern Europe.

Sure, we'll look into removing the blue tiles, thanks for the heads up.

In relation to this John, I'd have to agree with D_mitri but would just expand on the other crucial point he picked up on. I fly to Greece to visit friends/holiday a lot and, in fact, I've only just returned home from the greek island of Rhodes in the Dodecanese last night. The ground is a bit more barren than depicted in the current alpha vid and it often has a slightly more reddish tinge (don't get me wrong, not red but reddish) as well as a sometimes sandstone colour. There is some greenery but it is subtly a little more sparse than in the alpha video above. In many ways the reddish earth is not de-similar from some of the textures seen in your Australian packages. e.g. Broome International. I wonder if some of those reddish textures could be blended in with sandstone/limestone hues and more sparse hues to obtain more accurate and realistic ground colour texturing in this region. You may think that I'm talking about Rhodes specifically, but I'm not...Many parts of Greece and its islands have this general ground appearance, including Athens. In fact, if you look at D_mitri's posted Athens-approach video, you can see exactly what I mean (about this reddish hue and sparser vegetation) in the final phases of approach and landing quite clearly.

Just to end, please don't get me wrong, this is not a negative criticism of the work done on Global so far...I'm very impressed with the recent work going into the Alpha by fine-tuning several issues that will really help make the product shine and I'm very much looking forward to purchasing it but I'm happy to wait until its really right. My post is only in the spirit of positive constructive criticism to assist in that aim as, even though it might sound like one small issue to some, it really will make the product that much more realistic, more immersive, more believable in terms of perception of location and changes like this will make a huge difference and make the product stand out and shine above all. I hope these small changes can happen so I can really get even more excited than I am and feel I cannot fly without FTX Global installed into my virtual sim-world because of the "real feel" it provides that no other product can provide. Anyway, All the best with the fine-tuning and remaining works. Take your time, we'll be patient and thanks for all the previews and communication, keeping your minds open and your ears listening to us all. Everything I've seen so far, especially more recently, is very encouraging and impressive. You should all give yourselves a huge pat on your backs for the effort and another one when the finished product is released and sells big! I'm sure I'll be there with everyone on Day 1 if things keep improving this way! Thank you Orbx once again and good luck fellas! ::)

Best regards,

Sid

Wow! That was one hell of a quick reply. Anytime at all John 8). We all want the best for this product and in that way we're all in it together and are genuinely willing its success so always very happy to keep providing constructive feedback and appreciate that its welcomed so well! About looking at the outer urban Greek texture class, that's truly fantastic news indeed! Can't thank you enough for that...I'm so excited now! By the way, that's simply great news about it blending and working with Fly Tampa's Athens too. Needed to hear that. Things like that are what make FTX Global a simply fantastic idea! Cheers again John and best of luck with the awesome and hard work!

Cheers,

Sid. ::)

Archived