Jackson hole- Coverage map

JohnB777

I see that Jackson Hole airport has its own coverage map in the screenshot section. Does this mean that it does not need the central Rockies region to be downloaded as well or does it still require it?

I have to ask the same question for Brisbane airport in Australia, it does not have a coverage map, but it does have a feature in the features section that says "includes about 60 km of surrounding scenery. So does it really need to have FTX Australia/Golden subtropical east installed before as well?

Despite the download size of KJAC (it has turned into one of my favorite North American airports) and the size of the surrounding scenery package.  I would be suprised if the KJAC package covers 0.1% of the total CRM package that is avaliable.  

Well, all I want is the airport, so I'll just go with KJAC alone.

But what about Brisbane, as it also comes with coverage of a radius of 60 km (could the same be said about some other airports(for example Melbourne-60 km coverage, Cairns- 100km coverage, Canberra-50 km, Coffs Harbour-50km, Tamworth-200km, and a few other NA and EU airports? That have a coverage around them?)

I'm perfectly fine with the fact they don't seamlessly blend. I have many other airports by (Aerosoft, simwings) that blend VERY ugly. So I'm used to strange blending. So as long as there won't be too many other errors than the blending I'm fine.

But the problem with the regions is that you can"t really fly in or out of them, as you can't exit flight simulator while flying and set the FTX switch back to default and then resume that flight again. Even if you could, it would be a lot of work for every flight I do out of a region. It would be too annoying.

That is what I understand, yes.

I just read a lot about FTX global. I have decided I will get it, and then the regions, and then the airports. So I have to say you people are good at getting people to buy from ORBX, and you just got another customer when FTX global comes out too :)

Well, all I want is the airport, so I'll just go with KJAC alone.

But what about Brisbane, as it also comes with coverage of a radius of 60 km (could the same be said about some other airports(for example Melbourne-60 km coverage, Cairns- 100km coverage, Canberra-50 km, Coffs Harbour-50km, Tamworth-200km, and a few other NA and EU airports? That have a coverage around them?)

I'm perfectly fine with the fact they don't seamlessly blend. I have many other airports by (Aerosoft, simwings) that blend VERY ugly. So I'm used to strange blending. So as long as there won't be too many other errors than the blending I'm fine.

And be aware: To my mind it is 200 km² not 200 km radius. Still it is a lot, and that´s why I like this, but it is less than you expect.

I also state that the regions are fantastic value for money. But, hey, what do you expect from Orbx addicts here on this page?

I just read a lot about FTX global. I have decided I will get it, and then the regions, and then the airports. So I have to say you people are good at getting people to buy from ORBX, and you just got another customer when FTX global comes out too :)

Not really our main objective, John, we're just junkies like you.

Right now I am busy enough trying to figure out creative ways to pay for my habit : )

But the problem with the regions is that you can"t really fly in or out of them, as you can't exit flight simulator while flying and set the FTX switch back to default and then resume that flight again. Even if you could, it would be a lot of work for every flight I do out of a region. It would be too annoying.

The FTX "Regions" are very large areas in themselves. I have had the Australia "Region" since it came out on DVD and I still have not flown in every area yet. I purchased the USA/Canada "Regions" last year and have hardly scratched the surface with them.

Sure you can fly "out-of" any of these "Regions", but, you will be needing a fast aircraft and lots of time on your hands. Two to three hours flights will keep you "inside" the FTX world of your choice most of the time.

If you have a need to fly between the FTX "Regions", then simply save your flight mid-way, (always a good idea just incase the missus comes home) reload the next "Region", then resume your flight.

I made the mistake of "turning off" the FTX area I flew in the other day. Standard FSX ... Yuck!

Happy flights mate ...

Archived