Runway Elevation Issues at Juneau (PAJN)

JohnE77

I installed SAK tonight (via DVD) and encountered my first problem with any ORBX scenery: At Juneau International (PAJN) there are piles of dirt surrounding the taxiways and the runway, and when I try to turn on the runway I am blocked by a big pile of dirt (not something I'd like to run into!). I was previously using Ultimate Alaska X, but I disabled it, and then for good measure tonight I went into Ultimate Alaska X and disabled the repositioning of all runways and then disabled the Juneau East and Juneau West scenery areas. But alas, the mounds of dirt blocking my departure are still there, and this can be seen on the top-down outside view as well...although as you bring the camera higher and higher all of the runway appears. I also turned North America off and then ran FSX with the default scenery and all was fine, but when I turned North America back on and went into the sim the problem was back.

I also have Tongass Fjords X and Pacific Fjords and PNW, etc... And, I made sure Tongass Fjords X is below all of them in the Scenery Library.

Any ideas? Is this a known issue?

Many Thanks,

John

Edit: SAK PC Aviator Order ID 98385

Thanks, Holger. I'm back from vacation. I appreciate the response. Unfortunately, though, I have been unable to resolve the issue at Juneau International (PAJN). I just went to the active runway and there is a plle of dirt/grass staring me in the face.

The only scenery I had installed before ORBX was Ultimate Alaska X, UT USA, UT Canada, UT Tropical America, and GEX North America. I disabled Ultimate Alaska X before installing SAK and then afterwards I also disabled the repositioning of all the airports in Ultimate Alaska X. Now the UT Alaska entries are unchecked in the scenery library. Should I also delete them from the scenery library? Perhaps reinstall SAK as well?

Any other ideas? Many thanks!

John

SAK PC Aviator Order ID 98385

Hi John,

Just go to your main (root) FSX folder, and type PAJN into the little search box at the top right of the folder window

Then from within the search results look for anything not in the ORBX folder, and anything that does not include 'FTX' 'Orbx' in the file name

Cheers

Tim

Example below

post-1322-0-79318800-1370050504_thumb.jp

Eureka!

Under Scenery/World/Scenery there was a file named UTX_PAJN_ALK.BGL that I renamed UTX_PAJN_ALK.OFF and now the PAJN runway looks good with no apparent elevation issues.

Should I do this to all of the UTX files that have an airport within an ORBX scenery area?

Thanks again! I can fly this weekend knowing that PAJN is open for business.

John

Hi John, good to hear,

Its up to you, if you check Holger's 3 links above they should contain all the information you need, there is a tool attached to the bottom of this post http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/56683-ultimate-alaska-x-and-ultimate-terrain-x-canada-compatibility-with-ftx-southern-alaska-sak/ that will deactivate all the conflicting UTX files

Cheers
Tim

Archived