FTX Global - Cairo and the Himalayas

Here are a few shots from FTX Global over Cairo and some over Katmandu and Himalayas.

I'm using FS Genesis world for mesh and P3D as my sim platform

Cairo

fluka.jpg

Mn8bO.jpg

Katmandu

VE7kH.jpg

chvLW.jpg

Himalayas

1WNS6.jpg

RyF5E.jpg

dCE3L.jpg

zHvrP.jpg

The Katmandhu shot is dreadful. Perfect example how one size can never fit all. Office blocks? Not when I was there. The autogen just doesn't work for such places.

Andy

Please understand the restrictions of FSX. A single product will never cater for every type of city architecture, that's asking too much from the FSX architecture.

Here is what the city looks like, and I think we do a decent job of getting closer to it than FSX default:

kathmandu-city.jpg

Looks great John!

Super shots, super scenery!

WOW!

Cheers, Christoph

Please understand the restrictions of FSX. A single product will never cater for every type of city architecture, that's asking too much from the FSX architecture.

Here is what the city looks like, and I think we do a decent job of getting closer to it than FSX default:

kathmandu-city.jpg

Hello JV!

Keeping the limitations in FSX in mind i nevertheless want to ask:

Would some kind of, let's say, "local architecture package" for FTX Global be possible?

I know there may not be so many flightsimmers out there, but who can tell for sure and at least for me personally speaking now: I'd really be willing to pay quite an amount actually for some more various, local autogen architectural types or libraries or so if they were available as some future FTX-Global products.

I am totally aware of the fact, that FTX-Global is not even released yet and therefore going to far into such details makes almost no sense at all.

Nevertheless: After i saw the photo from Kathmandu above, this question crossed my mind.

But then again: maybe the wrong place and time to ask. Anyways though:

FTX-Global looks already really fantastic by now and it is getting better and better with each and every preview!

The more i see from it, the more excited i get about it!

Cheers, Christoph

We can vary the city architecture by adding unique and custom texture sets to the openLC product. So the base FTX Global will have the limitations of FSX but our openLC will fix many issues and add more variety by using new textures.

We can vary the city architecture by adding unique and custom texture sets to the openLC product. So the base FTX Global will have the limitations of FSX but our openLC will fix many issues and add more variety by using new textures.

WOW!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH JV for this great news!

... looking very much forward to all of it - ... or at least as much as my monthly payments alow, but i am confident, it will be quite a lot!

Cheers, Christoph

FTX Himalayas maybe?

Well, ok maybe not.  I realize the FTX base + Open LC will go a long way here.

Question -- if have FS Genesis and I was just flying around SE of Lukla this weekend.  Took a screenshot of some really blatant airport plateaus that FSG left behind.  Here is one below:

I don't suppose that FTX Global will address any of those, will it?

dXVR.png

FTX Himalayas maybe?

Well, ok maybe not.  I realize the FTX base + Open LC will go a long way here.

Question -- if have FS Genesis and I was just flying around SE of Lukla this weekend.  Took a screenshot of some really blatant airport plateaus that FSG left behind.  Here is one below:

dXVR.png

I can't say I have noticed any strange plateaus but I will have a look.

I did try start up a flight from Lukla but I couldn't lean my mixture right and the engine would not start so that's why I went to a lower airport at Katmandu

You are KILLING me with these pictures!! They are AMAZING, JAW DROPPING, AWESOME!! Now I feel encouraged to travel the world. FSX is just a whole new sim with FTX Global. This changes everything. Can't wait for this!

Those mountains are simply breathtaking...

Could you show us some screenshots of São Paulo, Brazil? I would like to fly there more but the autogen and textures are so bad and as far away from reality as possible. I just can't stand looking at the scenery. I'm really hoping FTX Global is going to change this. Thank you!

You are KILLING me with these pictures!! They are AMAZING, JAW DROPPING, AWESOME!! Now I feel encouraged to travel the world. FSX is just a whole new sim with FTX Global. This changes everything. Can't wait for this!

Those mountains are simply breathtaking...

Could you show us some screenshots of São Paulo, Brazil? I would like to fly there more but the autogen and textures are so bad and as far away from reality as possible. I just can't stand looking at the scenery. I'm really hoping FTX Global is going to change this. Thank you!

I'll have a look at Sau Paulo and a few other areas in South America tonight ;)

FTX Himalayas maybe?

Well, ok maybe not. I realize the FTX base + Open LC will go a long way here.

Question -- if have FS Genesis and I was just flying around SE of Lukla this weekend. Took a screenshot of some really blatant airport plateaus that FSG left behind. Here is one below:

That's why I use FSGlobal Ultimate mesh instead (have both).

It comes with airport flattening meshes to get around that issue.

It's an FSX "feature" caused by the airports' height being matched to the default FSX mesh.

• 2 weeks later...

Love these Nepal shoots, is it possible to get some shoots around Lukla and if possible with the Aerosofts Lukla X installed. Would have been nice to see how it will blend.

BTW anyone now if lukla x will be upgraded in the future, it's not bad as it is but starts to look old compared to what's on the market these days..

Cairo looks awesome.  I just flew out of there with default textures last night and was highly disappointed.  Google Maps shows a nice green plateau, FSX was the standard yellow/brown farmland texture (YUCK), FSG looks much more like the color that shows up on Google Maps complete with the stark transition from desert sand to green.

Archived