Sun-N-Fun: Bonanza aerobatics?

alexf

My old boss used to fly this very model at airshows . He could simulate a loop with a steep climb as shown with a bit of a wing over and a hell of a lot of experience ..ex mosquito pilot . It was a bit of an eye opener watching him fly . Never got upside down but it almost looked like it sometimes . Within the envelope of course.

Dont forget these planes were born out of the Mentor

Great photos Alex.

Yes. Born out of the Mentor. A Bonanza has to be certified for aerobatics. This one is. A few are.

The light and grey skies is the best I had to work with. I would have liked better weather.

Actually the T-34 was born out of the V-35 Bonanza. See Wikipedia:
/>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beechcraft_T-34_Mentor

Quite familiar with the bird as an old Navy flight instructor.

Actually the T-34 was born out of the V-35 Bonanza. See Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia....aft_T-34_Mentor

Quite familiar with the bird as an old Navy flight instructor.

Thanks Spud .

The way I read it, it seems as though the variants were on the drawing board at the same time -ish

Further reading dug up these novelties...

The prototype 35 Bonanza made its first flight on 22 December 1945, with the first production aircraft debuting as 1947.

The first 30–40 Bonanzas produced had fabric-covered flaps and ailerons

....compared with the then current G.A. like the Cessna 195....

the 35 Bonanza, however, was more like the fighters developed during the war, featuring an easier-to-manage horizontally-opposed six cylinder engine, a rakishly streamlined shape, retractable nosewheel undercarriage (although the nosewheel initially was not steerable, or castering) and low-wing configuration.

Archived