[FTX GLOBAL] - Debut video! The EU Preview in 1080p

WOW!!!! This scenery is starting to grow on me like a drug. I need it! I want it! LOL

I would love to see NYC rendered with such great detail. JV please post your settings and everything we will need to experience what I see in the 2nd video. Thank you and to your team for continuing to develop mind-blowing sceneries for FSX.

My specs and settings are in my sig. I am not using a supercomputer for these videos, just a good spec laptop and well tuned Windows 7.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW, it's great, hope it will cover the whole world and I will be among the first to get it, by the way this is the third thread I ask for some shots (or a movie clip maybe) from the middle east area (especially Jeddah Saudi Arabia) please :-[

:o While I was quite keen to see this, I honestly wasnt sure I could justify the £100 cost. What can I say after seeing this, WOW, I am blown away. This has convinced me, not only WILL I be able to justify it, I'm gonna do my best to justify the full plus package at £200.

Guess I better start sweet talking my wonderful wife. Never thought I would ever see FSX looking so real.

Amazing, just amazing.

Cowboy10uk

While I was quite keen to see this, I honestly wasnt sure I could justify the £100 cost. What can I say after seeing this, WOW, I am blown away. This has convinced me, not only WILL I be able to justify it, I'm gonna do my best to justify the full plus package at £200.

Guess I better start sweet talking my wonderful wife. Never thought I would ever see FSX looking so real.

Amazing, just amazing.

Cowboy10uk

It is only £63 not £100 ;)

I'll see what I can do. I was flying over Warsaw a few days ago and it looked great :)

Nice. I just picked up Warsaw City X on the Easter sale. I'm excited to see what the rest of the country not covered by airports will look like. For fun, if you really want to make me happy, try to take some shots from near Ustron!

-stefan

It is only £63 not £100 ;)

:o wow really, in that case, I can Justify it even more. :D

Quick question, I was under the impression that FTX Global was textures only, on the Vid there was of course some great autogen, is that also part of package or was that another program running as well?

Whatever it was it looked great.

Cowboy10uk

Great vid JV,...I think the idea John, is that you won't need FSGX (?) or UTX... ....

Thanks Howard, but I thought FS Global 2010 was a Mesh Programme to give the Globe the correct height (mountains etc.) and UTX to give the correct position of Roads, streams etc. If someone could clarify what I would need to give me the best Sim experience with FTX Global, this would be greatly appreciated. I was just about to buy FS Global Ultimate (Europe and Africa and the Americas) it would be nice to save if I could. ::)

Yes there's little point in producing textures without autogen :)

:) try telling that to the many VFR packages that are about. ;)

That settles it though, Put my name down for the complete ftx world + package. I've got to have this. :)

Well done to the entire team, your work here is stunning, think I better start looking at grabbing the USA, New Zealand and Australia sets as well. Gonna be one expensive ride I think. :)

Cowboy10uk

I'm interested to know if there will be a problem installing this package for those running GEX US and GEX Europe (the original versions before they introduced the newer ones) and didn't make a back up of the original textures? The reason I ask is because I dont know if GEX makes any changes to the terrain.cfg or the autogen to work with their annotated textures. I never bothered running the GEX backup since I knew I would never return to the original textures and didn't think anyone would ever make a global texture replacement set that would either rival GEX or be better than GEX. Just dont want to try and install the ORBX World textures over GEX and end up having a bunch of problems that might be hard to fix or track down.

John,

I have a MBP Retina too and I run FSX at 2880x1800. Could you share your fsx.cfg just to make sure I'm optimizing fsx for the MBP-R? I get excellent frame rates at high altitude but it dips to 10-15 near ground at complex airports, so I'm thinking maybe my .cfg needs a bit more tweaking?

Yeah a bit long LOL.

This is a new MBP Retina 2012 so it came with the latest OSX version and Bootcamp drivers out of the box. It has performed flawlessly for me these past two months, hands down the best FS development machine I have used.

OK for those who want to see more of Paris, low and slow and at dusk with the alpha test new 3D lighting, here's one I made last week as a test (run it full screen at 1080p though!):

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYY0z6o8Cac

Excuse my ugly mug in the laptop screen reflection when I change time of day, LOL!

This vid shows the incredible density of the autogen (maxxed) and you can occasionally see the FPS counter top left. Smooth as silk. Imagine this on a 4.6Ghz current top-end Intel and GTX680 huh?

Hmmmm, time to make some changes to my list:

"LIst of future add-ons for FSX:

- GEX FTX Global

- ORBX PNW

- ORBX PFJ

- ORBX SAK

- Lancair Legacy

- More from ORBX

"

This is amazing, now I'll be able to fly anywhere with ORBX scenery. I've never bought anything from ORBX before, but the Tasmania demo left me speechless, it blew my mind. For me it's time for a only ORBX policy.

I'm in college, I'm broke, but when I'm out of this I'LL WORK ONLY TO BUY ORBX PACKAGES!!!!!

Just this --> http://tinyurl.com/c28k9ht (someday)

JV, any chance of that Portugal preview?

Also, regarding terrain mesh - would something like this for the USA improve on the already good mesh for your regions, meaning that when I purchased Orbx Global, I already had good mesh for the USA or any other country per this base product?

I hope it wouldn't clash with Holger's mesh for areas like Alaska, CRM, NRM etc?

Thanks

Hi

Anyone that has a 3d TV or monitor that does a 2d to 3d conversion should watch this video at 1080p in 3d. The effect is absolutelly awsome, Mr Venema and to the Orbx crew my hat goes off to you all. I am truly looking forward to the release of this software.

Ken

:) try telling that to the many VFR packages that are about. ;)

That settles it though, Put my name down for the complete ftx world + package. I've got to have this. :)

Well done to the entire team, your work here is stunning, think I better start looking at grabbing the USA, New Zealand and Australia sets as well. Gonna be one expensive ride I think. :)

Cowboy10uk

But worth it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok time for a bit of fun with this.

I am not the world's best FS video producer but here's what I did here.

I bought a cheap little $10 tripod for my iPhone5 and pointed it towards my Macbook Pro Retina running at 2880x1800 resolution with all sliders maxxed in FSX. I then shot 1080p video clips and used the $5 iMovie app on the iPhone5 itself to edit this trailer and upload it directly to YouTube.

Of course it's not perfect; you can see the laptop screen bezel in some shots and YouTube has added in some stutters during the conversion, but it's as close to sitting on my shoulder as I test the pre-alpha version of FTX Global as you can get.

There are another 5-6 iMovie trailer templates I can use, so in the coming weeks I will so North America, Asia, Africa and Pacific Island mini-trailers for you all.

So sit back, watch this in 1080p with the sound turned up LOUD, and enjoy!

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdC7jMjWMZA

This is pure FTX Global; no other addons, no mesh, no LC - just the FTXG textures and nothing else.

Does iMovie provide that music or did you pick that from somewhere. And it you hand picked that music, where did you get that. Loved the music for sure.

C.

Archived