Tasmania tour part 5: Queenstown to Smithton

Stillwater

Some RL activities caused a slight delay to the continuation of my Tasmania tour ( http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/56483-tasmania-tour-part-4b-lake-gordon-to-queenstown/ ). But now it´s time to go.

Leaving Queenstown we make a short turn southeast to Lake Burbury, with King River dam:

Posted Image

Turning northwest then, we reach the Pieman river area, with some nice views and - again - a number of dams, Reece dam as a remarkable example:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Following the river Pieman, we soon come to Ford Creek "international", an interesting looking airstrip - kept untouched for another wilderness tour... can you even see it?

Posted Image

After some time, the first human settlement to be seen: Marrawah. I had almost forgotten to see villages during this flight...

Posted Image

Heading north makes us see Woolnorth windfarm (again) ...

Posted Image

... and shortly after the approach to Smithton:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow, quite a well-designed little airport here, that gives me the chance for another bxxx. And for a good view of Butch´s Goose:

Posted Image

Once again I made use of TeeCee´s scenery add-ons, to make Tassie more lively. Great!

Chickened out on Ford Creek eh Gerold? I don't blame you mate.. it's hard to get even a C152 in there.. You can thank Ken Hall for the next few strips on the next leg mate.. they are great.

As always Gerold.. great post. Teecee.

Chickened out on Ford Creek eh Gerold? I don't blame you mate.. it's hard to get even a C152 in there.. You can thank Ken Hall for the next few strips on the next leg mate.. they are great.

As always Gerold.. great post. Teecee.

Hehe, chickened out! But maybe some lighter aircraft will be required... I like you like them!

Archived