NZAA Coastal - the unsung hero(es)

Adam Banks

Skuda's post http://www.orbxsyste...gb/#entry506141 reminded me that I've always been amazed by the coastal area around NZAA.

So here's my personal tribute and huge thank-you to whoever was responsible for this particular piece of ORBX NZNI - it is so very typical of many areas around NZ - and so beautifully rendered.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm reminded of Slartiblartfast (Hitch Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy) being so proud of his fjords. Is anyone going to put their hand up and say "NZAA mud? YES! I did that bit!!!" - or will it always remain collectively anonymous?

Thanks all the same!

Adam.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guilty :)

I did all of the photoreal around NZNI, it was a long adventure but a blast! The mudflats around NZAA took quite a bit of time to flesh out but I am very happy to see the result is well received :)

Hat's off to you, then Alex! Going by your sig, it looks like you may have never seen these mudflats "in the flesh" - but they really are spot on - so uniquely NZ/Manukau. Anyone who's flown in or out of NZAA will recognise them and enjoy them. It's all very well doing the obvious landmarks, but sometimes these [not so little] details really "make" an area. Pat yourself on the back! :)

Adam.

Some of your best work ....so far ...young Adam

Not me ... 't'was young Alex! And ... you obviously haven't seen my avatar :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome back, BTW!

These shots a superb. I only have NZSI, I am hoping to get NZNI next month. Is this what I have to look forward to?

NZNI is nowhere near as spectacular as NZSI (just as it is in RL) yet, for all that, it still has a very definite NZ "flavour". I've made a few trips around NZNI in RL, and I really think ORBX has nailed it.

Even without additional [ORBX] airports, the re-worked NI ones are a huge improvement on FSX default - and compare well with Robin Corn's RealNZ versions (good as they are - but a couple were originally for FS9). I do have some good "home-grown" add-ons - but they dovetail with NZNI happily.

The best part of it for me (being NZ-based) is that I can fly the length and breadth of NZ and be totally covered by ORBX scenery. As there's such a marvellous diversity of landscape, I hardly ever venture outside NZ.

Adam.

Archived