Carmarthen and Llanelli FTX Wales

VH-KDK

A flight from Pembrey Airfield to Carmarthen down the Tywi Estuary then across to Llanelli and the Loughar Estuary.

Posted Image

Leaving Pembrey and following the A484 to Carmarthen.

Posted Image

First view of the Tywi Estuary.

Posted Image

Claiming to be the oldest town in Wales, Carmarthen sits on the River Tywi. Legend has it that Merlin was born in a cave near to Carmarthen.

Posted Image

Carmarthen is the HQ for the Dyfed-Powys Police and has a campus for the University of Wales,

Posted Image

Heading down the Tywi Estuary.

Posted Image

The Mouth of The Tywi with Llanstefan and Ferryside on the opposite side of the estuary.

Posted Image

The Taf Estuary. Just visible is the town of Laugharne which was the home of Dylan Thomas. It is said to be the town that was featured in his famous book Under Milk Wood where it was known as Llareggub....which is Buggerall spelt backwards!

Posted Image

Pembry Burrows with the beach of Cefn Sidan. In the past the shifting sands have claimed several ships.

Posted Image

Back over Pembry Airfield and the town of Kidwelly.

Posted Image

Over the Loughor Estuary.

Posted Image

Burry Port. Amelia Earhart landed here on 17 June 1928 along with Wilmer Stultz and Louis Gordon thus becoming the first woman to fly across The Atlantic.

Posted Image

Pil Dafen area of Llanelli. A centre for tinplate production Llanelli also has a proud Rugby tradition.

Posted Image

On the opposite side of the Loughor Estuary are the towns of Crofty and Pen-Clawdd

Posted Image

Over the Pembry Burrows.

Posted Image

Llanelli is the largest town in Carmarthenshire.

Posted Image

The marshes at Pembry Burrows.

Posted Image

Landing back at Pembry.

Brilliant set and narration there VH-KDK. For your information, Pembrey Airfield is used a lot by the Army Air Corps and RAF Helicopters for refuelling when on military training over Wales..

Keep you visits going I am enjoying them. South Wales Valley's next maybe??

Brilliant set and narration there VH-KDK. For your information, Pembrey Airfield is used a lot by the Army Air Corps and RAF Helicopters for refuelling when on military training over Wales..

Many thanks James, I forgot to see what activity was at Pembry.

I was just looking at doing a flight up some of the valleys, then decided to have another go at loading a Dash-7 which I have been having trouble with....and bingo, got it right. So just about to upload Swansea to Bristol then if I am still awake I will do a valley.

+1 - Very well done Martyn .

Brad

Very nice display of Wales. The water blending looks great

Thanks for commenting. I had to do a fair bit of manoeuvering to get the reflections just right. Hope I didnt overstress the Cirrus too much :unsure:

+1 - Very well done Martyn .

Brad

A wonderful set there.. enjoyed the narrative :)

Thanks Gents. I get a lot of enjoyment doing these.

Archived