Cardiff International Environs FTX Wales

VH-KDK

A short flight over the area surrounding Cardiff International.

Posted Image

Take off from Cardiff International.

Posted Image

The village of Rhoose is to the right of the airport.

Posted Image

Lefarge Limestone Quarry is just behind the FoxBat and Aberthaw Power Station above.

Posted Image

RAF St Athan with Botherton and Llantwit Major beyond.

Posted Image

The Vale of Glamorgan with Cardiff on the left horizon.

Posted Image

Heading east over Cardiff International.

Posted Image

Porthkerry Viaduct.

Posted Image

Barry is a resort town as well as a manufacturing centre. The port is still in use but in its heyday was the largest coal exporting port in the world. Nells Point is centre right.

Posted Image

Barry Island with the site of Woodham Brothers Scrapyard under the wingtip. Over 200 steam locomotives were rescued from the scrapyard for preservation by private owners in the 60s to 80s.

Posted Image

Dow Cornings silicon plant at Barry with the village of Sully on the left.

Posted Image

Flying away from Barry with Flat Holm Island in view.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Great shots, thanks for sharing them. I hadn't planned to buy Wales, (I have England) but maybe I might just have to, it really is excellent !

Thanks for commenting and welcome to the forum.

Have a look at some of the other posts especially from the north of Wales. The scenery just fantastic.

The other benefit of owning Wales and the other areas as they become available is that you will be able to fly around the UK and Ireland as one ORBX area.

Regards

Martyn

Very nice shots Martyn, I haven't made it to Cardiff yet. I like to fly in to new airports and I start in North Wales and just can't leave the beautiful Valleys. Looking forward to exploring south Wales this weekend.

Very nice shots Martyn, I haven't made it to Cardiff yet. I like to fly in to new airports and I start in North Wales and just can't leave the beautiful Valleys. Looking forward to exploring south Wales this weekend.

+1 - Well done Martyn .

Cheers

Brad

Yes I have been hooked by the north too but yesterday decided it was time to check Cardiff out and well worth the visit.

+1 - Well done Martyn .

Cheers

Brad

Thanks Brad

Great shots, that is beautiful scenery.

Thank you John. Plenty to see, that trip was only 15km from Barry to St Athan.

Archived