Caernarfon to Portmeirion Estuary

VH-KDK

A flight down the north west Welsh coast by passing the Lleyn Peninsular.

Forgot to say, but a huge thank you to the team at ORBX who have continued to give us mere mortals yet another fantastic area to fly in and escape, just for a while, to a perfect place.

Posted Image

Caernarfon Airport.

Posted Image

The western end of The Menai Straits

Posted Image

Penygroes and Tallysarn at the head of the Nantlle Valley.

Posted Image

Communications ariel near Nasareth.

Posted Image

Looking down the Lleyn Peninsular.

Posted Image

Snowdonia.

Posted Image

Another view down the south coast of the Lleyn Peninsular.

Posted Image

Porthmadog and the Dwyryd Estuary.

Posted Image

Large holiday caravan park at Morfa Bychan, Tremadog Bay.

Posted Image

The perfect way to explore wonderful Wales.

Many thanks for the comments and for looking. Glad you enjoyed the shots. Will do more when I get the time maybe at the weekend.

Love the shots and the "commentary". Is that the RealAir Scout you're flying? I was thinking of getting something to fly low and slow to get the max benefit from Wales and England.

G'day Martytoon it is an Auster J/1N which is freeware on the Classic British Flight Sim site. It is a truly great aeroplane to fly in and explore the countryside at a slow pace.

Stunning shots! The area looks perfect!

P.S. It's 'Llyn' not 'Lleyn' ;)

Thanks Matt, I have apparently used the Anglocised spelling which is for some strange reason not used too much. :unsure:

nice shots keep em coming

Hey Paul, lets do a deal here. You keep bringing out top class products like this and I will carry on uploading screen caps. I never dreamt when using FS2 over 20 years ago that one day we would be flying in such fantastic world as we are now. I hope that I will still be around in 20 years time to see what you are producing then :D

Is Portmeirion itself modelled at all? I want to see Patrick McGoohan (No.6) ... *The Prisoner*!!

Sorry Adam I missed him by 4 years.

However - Portmeirion does exist in RL - did it get into ORBX Wales, I wonder?

It's a stunning little village, doesn't look like it should be in Wales at all, not even the UK for that matter! :D

They have a superb restaurant there and the meals are delicious!

Cheers,

Matt.

Archived