Charming charter

Mallard

So there I was tinkering around on my trusty 185 when this bloke from the airport comes up to me. There was this young couple, honeymooners, who had missed their plane to Lady Elliot Island. If I had nothing else to do...?

Sure thing - you should have seen her blush as he mentioned that they "somehow hadn't made it out of the hotel room on time for their scheduled flight" during boarding ;)

Posted Image

And we're off!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After just under an hour's flight we made it - gave them a photo-op and circled the island a bit...

Posted Image

Big smiles all around as we pulled up to the reception/gate.

Posted Image

During the unloading of their luggage the bloke nipped in to the resort and organised that I could stay for a while (lucky that I always have my swimming cozzie in the plane) and we agreed to meet up for dinner later on.

Posted Image

After a delicious meal (but sadly no wine or beer for me) I cranked Sunny up again

Posted Image

Posted Image

and headed back home...

Posted Image

Cheers

Mallard

(no edits except for some cropping)

Great shots Mallard!

And what a superb narative around it all again!

Simply fantastic!

... and i think that "heading back home" - especially from such a great area as Lady Elliot island - does rarely appear so wonderfuly as it does above here!

Fantastic!

Thanks a lot for all of the comments! Somehow the "story" developed as soon as I got the engine started in Hervey Bay... And then I just pulled it through ;)

Really like Lady Elliot Island - it is highly detailed and quite enjoyable to approach as it appears out of the wide blue nothing.

Cheers

Mallard

Archived