Exploring Oz

Rexbo47

So I bought Austraila SP4, loaded up all the patches, Holgermesh, the AI traffic and the freeware airports.

Now what next?

Which ORBX payware airports would you down-under chaps recommend for my next few additions?

I mostly fly single and twin bushhoppers, although I occasionally enjoy the Catalina and MAAM C-47s and I like flying out of large fields and small.

I'll appreciate hearing from you.

Regards

Rex

Thanks, Mates! (Did I say that right?)

That should get me started.

Any thoughts on short flights, of maybe an hour or so, from any of these airports that will give me a good

sample of the diversity of the Austrailian landscape?

Regards

Rex

We sort of look upon Australlia as our West Island, so I would strongly suggest either NZSI or NZNI.

Cheeky. :-*

Actually, the Australian Constitution still allows NZ to become the 7th state of Australia, so we look on you as our poor cousins.

Joining with us will probably be the only way we can save us Aussie's the embarrasmment of continually losing the Bledisloe cup. ::)

Caloundra is a great little airport. Near to Brisbane and freeware Redcliffe plus the other strips in the area - (not receiving the full Orbx treatment) Amberley, Archerfield, Maroochydore and the Gold Coast a little further south.

hi rex,

you have loaded all aus & ask what next? come & join us online @ digitalthemepark for we have just started an aus tour of ten legs

we fly every sunday evening @ 20.00hrs gmt.there are usually 15 approx on line.

all you require is a microphone & just download teamspeak from the pnwfc forum. if you hav'nt tried online before you will find it expands your

interest & becomes quite addictive. hope this gives you food for thought.

regards.

Rex, you need to work on the accent but otherwise fine. ;D

Jandakot's always been a favourite of mine, in the west. Not much else is available there, except for Alan Blencowe's many small airfields in W.A. but not all sit well with Orbx (mostly the roads). Trial and error plus personal taste, and don't forget you need his libraries. All free. Mine strips, farm fields, and Aboriginal communities are a nice change.

Opposite side of the country, Moorabbin is superb.

Ants airfields and OzX provide good fields to connect your tour, as already mentioned. Ants also fills out the middle a bit, heading south from Darwin. Unfortunately nothin much in SA from Orbx yet except for the good freeware Pt Lincoln.

After that almost anything, since most of Orbx's airfields are along the east coast and you can eventually builed up a series of "ports" to tour. Instead of going for other people's prefs, perhaps an approach would be to start north (or south) and progressively buy them. Canberra's one I like, especially as we expect the city scenery in time. I do love anything on the coast because Orbx integrates the shorelines and waterways so well.

There might be some good stuff off the Aussie coast too, but we hardly notice it. No, I lie, anyone I know who's seen NZ loved it!

PS - Don't forget the Orbx Aussie AI!

("Any thoughts on short flights, of maybe an hour or so, from any of these airports that will give me a good

sample of the diversity of the Austrailian landscape?" - the diversity runs from the Queensland coast to the inland of Western Australia! Be prepared for several short flights!)

Max Kraus has also done a pretty good freeware YBCG Gold Coast airport.

Thank you JV, I was not aware there was a good freeware of my local.

There is also an older photoreal scenery of YBCG by JohnM here:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1407-gold-coast-ybcg-v100/

Max Kraus' scenery was designed to sit on top of this scenery. If you have the two (Max's above John's in the scenery order) there is a much larger photoreal area surrounding the new airport. They are both really nice sceneries.

Cheers,

There is also an older photoreal scenery of YBCG by JohnM here:

http://aussiex.org/f...oast-ybcg-v100/

Max Kraus' scenery was designed to sit on top of this scenery. If you have the two (Max's above John's in the scenery order) there is a much larger photoreal area surrounding the new airport. They are both really nice sceneries.

Cheers,

Thank you Scott

Archived