Phillip Island FTX AU

VH-KDK

Phillip Island is 80 km SSW from Melbourne as the penguin flies or 140km by road. It is a very popular holiday destination in the summer months. It is famous for its motor racing circuit holding events for motor bikes and V8 touring cars. Its other famous attraction is Penguin Parade where visitors are able to observe hundreds of fairy penguins arriving from the ocean and walking to their burrows after a days fishing. Woolamai Surf Beach is another popular attraction with its top class surf.

Posted Image

Phillip Island Airfield which also houses the excellent VietNam Veterans Museum.

Posted Image

Just after take off is Westernport Bay and Churchill Island.

Posted Image

Cape Woolamai and its famous surf beach.

Posted Image

Phillip Island Motor Racing Circuit.

Posted Image

Berrys Beach.

Posted Image

Summerlands Beach and Penguin Parade.

Posted Image

Seal Rock with The Nobbies in the background. Seal rocks is home to Australias largest colony of Fur Seals. Great White sharks are attracted by the seal colony.

Posted Image

Ventnor.

Posted Image

Cowes, the largest town on Phillip Island. Many of the towns on the island are named after towns on the Isle of Wight.

Posted Image

Cape Woolamai, its surf beach and the rest of the island are seen from 5000 ft.

A very nice set and narrative here indeed!

I am just imagining all these animals now in the sim...

I think I'd spend quite some time watching the fairy penguins too.

And certainly all the other animals as well.

On the other hand: ... maybe one day time and money allows it and then i'd simply visit this certainly great place "in the real world".

But for now I enjoy Your great pictures here!

Brillant pictures of a brilliant tour. Thanks for sharing these infos (especially knowing the shark attraction can be useful). I was happy enough to see the penguin parade years ago, and luckily the water was cold enough to keep us from swimming... 8) .

Do not forget to fly from Philip Island to Pt. Nepean, a nice tiny airport some 20 miles west!

Archived