How Will Product be Distrubuted

CathyH

I am in Melbouren and buy a lot of stiff from PC Aviator in Caulfield, will they be carrying your product, if not, I am really unhappy about usig a credit card on the net, my other 2 options are paypal or, my bank has just gone to a  VISA DEBIT card. I may wind up my paypal and go wiht Visa debit, that way if I do get hacked they can only spend the small balance on my card and can't hit me the way they would if they got my visa CREDIT card!

KathyH, do you give your bankcard details over the phone to pay a bill? PayPal is safer than that. I have used it ever since it started without any hick-ups. Besides, it's easier than typing your credit card details. You just type your password and, Bingo, it's done. In my opinion, PayPal is the safest transaction of any others. 

PayPal is safer than that. I have used it ever since it started without any hick-ups. Besides, it's easier than typing your credit card details. You just type your password and, Bingo, it's done. In my opinion, PayPal is the safest transaction of any others. 

Well, I have to disagree from my own personal experience. I purchased an item online from a reputable store, and the only option they had for payment was through a paypal portal, I was a little hesitant but thought I would give it a go.

One day later my bank rang me and asked me if I had authorised a donation to oxfam at 01:15am that morning, when I so no I hadn't they immediately cancelled my card and issued me a new card with a different number. The kicker is the original card I used was a new account which I had never used before I made the online purchase.

Maybe I was unlucky and somehow my transaction details got hacked, (although I have used a different card for a number of years online through businesses that don't use payal portals with no problems. [i closed that card because my new one gave me better interest rates]), but it has left a sour taste in my mouth and I won't purchase anything online again that requires the use of a paypal portal.

Unfortunately people that do not have phishing filters sometimes reply to an email that they get from companies like EBay, PayPal, Amazon etc etc in which the user is requested to confirm their username and password. Companies will NEVER contact you like that without your actual username and real name attached to the email and they will NEVER ask you to confirm details like that. The American FBI has a whole building for this type of fraud which to this day is one of the biggest scam type mail-outs in existance. I am not saying that you did that but I just wanted to point out that it is not always the particular companies' fault as a rule.

Probably a bit early to tell, but any chance we'll be able to pick up a copy from Orbx on release date? Things seem to always get released Friday afternoons, and it would be great to be able to rock up there and get it for the weekend (although, I'm sure that there may be a rush by many people). I only live in mulgrave, so its not that far, thats all.

I'm also guessing that if its available online it will be one enormous download?

PayPal is safer than that. I have used it ever since it started without any hick-ups. Besides, it's easier than typing your credit card details. You just type your password and, Bingo, it's done. In my opinion, PayPal is the safest transaction of any others. 

Well, I have to disagree from my own personal experience. I purchased an item online from a reputable store, and the only option they had for payment was through a paypal portal, I was a little hesitant but thought I would give it a go.

One day later my bank rang me and asked me if I had authorised a donation to oxfam at 01:15am that morning, when I so no I hadn't they immediately cancelled my card and issued me a new card with a different number. The kicker is the original card I used was a new account which I had never used before I made the online purchase.

Maybe I was unlucky and somehow my transaction details got hacked, (although I have used a different card for a number of years online through businesses that don't use payal portals with no problems. [i closed that card because my new one gave me better interest rates]), but it has left a sour taste in my mouth and I won't purchase anything online again that requires the use of a paypal portal.

I've had similar problems with PayPal. It's not secure!!!! My transaction details got hacked twice in a few days' time! And I also had to lock my cc and get a new one. :'( I sure hope there will be other ways of buying FTX than by using PayPal.

Ahh, dood, you sure you know what you are doing? If it is getting hacked that easy, you should change your email passwords, after formatting your computer. Also, I'd change your bank logins later.

My issue with Paypal (which is something I hope john takes in mind), is if someone pays by stolen credit card, you not only get charged the amount back, but Paypal seems to double it. My mate did a job for someone who used a stolen credit card. Paypal charged him $1000.

And a major project, Freenetproject got their paypal closed because someone reported them for using a proxy, and they weren't. Paypal wont investigate anything properly. 

But 500MB isn't too bad I guess. I was a little bit worried that it could have been a gig or so (I'd imagine that when). Don't want to have to spend a week downloading :(

I reckon you guys should actually start a beer fund, I for one, would happily donate to the cause if it accelerates development.

• 1 month later...

I am extremely grateful for those confirming my suspicions about PayPal (after all - it IS owned by Ebay) - OT as it may be

Another point to consider is the fact that I know 3 Grey Nomads (I hope to be one again soon) that also have FS and the generally accepted way for them to access the internet is through the Puddle with a lousy 1Gb allowance which includes BOTH ways - so 500 Mb becomes very quickly 550Mb with the inevitable error corrections that the Puddle is infested with - that is not taking into account the many '000's of rural Ozzies that still have to put up with dialup - lets see - before I got onto this "test" system I was getting an average download speed of 8.5 mbits per hour - I dont have my calculator handy

Perhaps for us Ozzies at least there could be an alternative method?

Food for thought?

Orbx is not a retail store, so the product is only available as a download. We don't have any cash or credit card facilities at our offices. The download file will be less than 400MB in size, at this stage. We don't expect it to be larger than 500MB.

I didn't understand, is it available only as a download, or CD also, paying +$6.99 as per the Flightsim Store site?

Gentleman,

As things are at this moment the file in principle is available as download only.

As an extra service for it's customers the flightsim store has graciously offered this extra service for dail up, limited bandwitdh, and other users that can't get the d/l, well below the actual costprice for the DVD, burning, handling, packaging, extra paperwork, labour and postage around the globe.

all this is for a very small fee imho.

Archived