Major Problem after installing FTX England Patch

mf6480

Hello, Yesturday FSX was working fine but after I downloaded the latest patch for FTX England I can no longer start FSX up. I just get this error message:

'Flight Simulator CANNOT run without a valid SCENERY.CFG. Please uninstall and re-install Flight Simulator'

Also, when I start FTX Central I get this message: 'Terrain.cfg has no [LandClass] section'

This has all happened since installing the patch, I haven't touched any of the scenery files in my fsx folder manually and the game was running fine yesterday before I downloaded the patch.

I really hope someone will be able to help me fix this without having to re-install EVERYTHING, which will take days :(

FTX England Order Number: 187146

Hi Steve,

I assumed it was already set to Europe since that is about the only place I fly. Unless it changed automatically it should have still been set at Europe.

If that is the problem, how would I go about fixing it?

Charlie

After checking my FSX folder, I see that I still have the scenery.cfg file in there. How come FSX does it not recognise it any more? I don't understand how installing this patch can have messed it up so badly.

Have any of the Orbx Developers seen this problem before and do you have any suggestions on how I can sort it?

Hi,

I have not seen this error when installing the patch but you could try replacing the "terrain.cfg" file and then let FTX Central add the entries again, here's how.

1. set FTX Central to Default (if it will let you)

2. backup "terrain.cfg" - located in "YOUR-FSX-FOLDER"

3. copy "terrain.cfg" from "YOUR-FSX-FOLDER\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work\" and place/overwrite the copy in "YOUR-FSX-FOLDER"

4. Run FTX Central and set to Europe.

Hopefully that will fix your error with FTX Central which in turn will hopefully fix the Scenery.cfg error.

Please note that by replacing the "terrain.cfg" file you will need to re do any other addon's that add custom entries to "terrain.cfg"

Paul

Thanks for trying to help Paul. That has fixed the FTX Central error but FSX still refuses to start up.

I'm starting to think a complete re-install of FSX might be the only possible solution. :(

Do you think it would help if I sent you a copy of my Scenery.cfg file so you see if there are any obvious errors which might be causing this?

Archived