[FTX GLOBAL] Norway , 12 shots

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the new screenshots, they look fantastic!

As we have heard, streets, shorelines and mesh are the same as the default FSX. Now a comparison would be interesting, how the same view looks with default textures and autogen buildings and trees!

Regards,

Fritz

The textures looks somewhat belivable, but to bad there is no landclass, mesh and improved coastlines. I really hope you guys do Norway someday(Region pack) as there isn't any payware scenery made for Norway yet.

I can't really see me buying this FTX global. The reason I started buying Orbx scenery in the first place whas for the details that I couldn't get with GEX/UTX, buying this would be some step backwards for me and I never fly in default areas and this is like default just with some nicer textures.

For someone from the southern hemisphere, I would have thought that Norway Global was an eye opener to someone who does not have any idea of Norwegian terrain. If this is going to be default terrain, I can't wait.

Forgot to include these shots over the airport and city:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The textures looks somewhat belivable, but to bad there is no landclass, mesh and improved coastlines. I really hope you guys do Norway someday(Region pack) as there isn't any payware scenery made for Norway yet.

I can't really see me buying this FTX global. The reason I started buying Orbx scenery in the first place whas for the details that I couldn't get with GEX/UTX, buying this would be some step backwards for me and I never fly in default areas and this is like default just with some nicer textures.

FTX Global is all about giving you the Orbx look and feel for the whole world, not to provide mesh, landclass and all the usual region details. A full-featured Orbx region takes many months and a lot of developers to craft, and at the rate we are going it would take decades to complete the whole world. So FTX Global given you a half-way solution so that there is no stark contrast when leaving one of the full-featured Orbx regions.

Additionally, there is nothing to stop you adding mesh, landclass and other vector addons to sit under and over our textures. That's the beauty of freedom of choice :)

We also have a texture artist creating brand new textures for FTX Global each month, continually improving the feel of certain areas around the world.

Finally, FTX Global will come with monthly DLC for free - each month there will be new content added to improve parts of the world bit by bit, i.e landclass, airports, POIs etc. Think of FTX Global as a "platform" which continually evolves and improves over time.

Finally, FTX Global will come with monthly DLC for free - each month there will be new content added to improve parts of the world bit by bit, i.e landclass, airports, POIs etc. Think of FTX Global as a "platform" which continually evolves and improves over time.

improvements around the world? Monthly? Free? Sold!

That sounds promising John, sometimes ppl forget how big the world is. This is still a major achievement from what I can see, some beautiful landscapes.

Maybe a Norwegian could chime in, ESP comparing it to default.

Better to compare to Google Earth rather than FSX Default. I think FTX Global is damn close looking at the shot I put up (see above) :)

Those shots look like a big step up from default and an equally big distance from "Orbx region" quality, so about what you'd expect, a true "half -way solution". Thats good enough for me. And a lot better than waiting til 2017 or whenever to fly Japan, Greece, Norway and all the other places I'd like Orbx to do. And if some talented developers in Norway improved on the default coastline data and mesh how great would those shots look?

Better to compare to Google Earth rather than FSX Default. I think FTX Global is damn close looking at the shot I put up (see above) :)

Hey Mr. John, can you show us few shots from another part of Europe like Eastern Europe and also few very cold pictures from Greenland.

Thanks

This already exists!!!!! Andrew Thomson, Hasse Ramberg and others has it all in their AoN Norway and NSX II Norway and it is FREEWARE!!!!. I have been a BETA-tester and have now used the released v 3.22 (AoN) and V 1.0 (NSX II) for some months. Sincerely hope that they will fit in well in the FTX Global Norwegian area.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

I think ftx global is a fantastic idea. As JV said, nothing stopping you adding other landclass and much add ons.. for instance; Fs Genesis and UTX to sit underneath.

The prospect of ftx global receiving constant updates and a dedicated team working on it has me sold :).

Much - meant to be Mesh.. phone auto correct.. dont you just love it!

This already exists!!!!! Andrew Thomson, Hasse Ramberg and others has it all in their AoN Norway and NSX II Norway and it is FREEWARE!!!!. I have been a BETA-tester and have now used the released v 3.22 (AoN) and V 1.0 (NSX II) for some months. Sincerely hope that they will fit in well in the FTX Global Norwegian area.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

This is completely true. If you add all the scenery like Airports of Norway (accurate airports), Norway Scenic X II (coastlines, lakes and rivers), Norway Quality Mesh, and lots of other stuff, with UTX and FTX Global underneath it all, what you will end up with is something that will be equal to an ORBX region. The freeware addons for Norway are absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see all of this come together with Orbx textures. :)

Hi, I will buy FTX Global. It's looking awesome. I already own the whole GEX package by flight1. But I will replace it. One question: Add-ons like mesh (FS Global Ultimate) and landclass (SceneryTech) for the whole earth exists. No need to include it in FTX Global. But might it be possible to include vector data like shorelines, rivers, and streets?

Mr. Venema are you using any sort of UTX or landclass addon, or is that default FSX mesh and LC?

For the Norway shots above I installed SceneryTech EU Landclass and also FSGenesis 10m NeXTMap Mesh Correction, I don't have any mesh for Norway installed, my bad.

After reading Wildbird's post about Norway ScenicX II ... I downloaded it and it certainly improved the coastlines and made towns less urban. Tromso now looks more accurate:

Posted Image

That is the beauty of FTX Global, it's like a giant sandpit for lots of freeware and payware addons and gives you freedom to add what layers you want. Of course Orbx will do a proper FTX Norway region with the bells and whistles (likely in 2014) and that includes Norwegian government data and aerial imagery from the area. But until then, this is a very nice Plan B :)

Thanks for showing off my hometown John! Some amazing shots. Looks even better than I imagined!

Couple this with some freeware quality mesh and it will look even better, because in real life the city is surrounded by spectacular mountains: http://www.flightsim.no/fsno/filbibliotek/FS2004/scenery/europa/norge/114.html

I also recommend that you fly North from Bodø (ENBO) accross the Vestfjord towards Leknes (ENLK), Svolvær (ENSH), Stokmarknes (ENSK) and Andøya (ENAN). There you'll find Lofoten and Vesterålen, arguably the most picturesque are in Europe.

The mountains around Tromsø (ENTC) are also spectacular.

Thanks for the new screenshots, they look fantastic!

As we have heard, streets, shorelines and mesh are the same as the default FSX. Now a comparison would be interesting, how the same view looks with default textures and autogen buildings and trees!

Regards,

Fritz

The answer to that is quite simple: The area in default FSX looks like the Sahara desert...

Those shots look like a big step up from default and an equally big distance from "Orbx region" quality, so about what you'd expect, a true "half -way solution". Thats good enough for me. And a lot better than waiting til 2017 or whenever to fly Japan, Greece, Norway and all the other places I'd like Orbx to do. And if some talented developers in Norway improved on the default coastline data and mesh how great would those shots look?

It has allready been done: http://www.flightsim.no/fsno/filbibliotek/fsx/scenery/europa/norge/1486.html

For the Norway shots above I installed SceneryTech EU Landclass and also FSGenesis 10m NeXTMap Mesh Correction, I don't have any mesh for Norway installed, my bad.

After reading Wildbird's post about Norway ScenicX II ... I downloaded it and it certainly improved the coastlines and made towns less urban. Tromso now looks more accurate:

Posted Image

That is the beauty of FTX Global, it's like a giant sandpit for lots of freeware and payware addons and gives you freedom to add what layers you want. Of course Orbx will do a proper FTX Norway region with the bells and whistles (likely in 2014) and that includes Norwegian government data and aerial imagery from the area. But until then, this is a very nice Plan B :)

Thank you John, been waiting for tht announcement for a while, now onto waiting! :) but as the other have said here, ftx global combined with utx, and airports of norway ans norway scenic, last two being freeware, we have a superb temporary solution until 2014 =D

Cheers

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Yeah I very aware that FREEWARE exist for Norway and it even looks better than ORBX GLobal as far as i can see. But If you know about any PAYWARE as I was taking about, please tell me where to find it...

I was already sold, but these are gorgeous! Would be nice to see shots without payware landclass though.

Todd

To be honest the SceneryTech landclass makes things look sparser than default, but your point is taken. I also installed the freeware Norway LC and a lot of those crops and fields disappeared and after checking GE the freeware was correct, so even payware LC can get it wrong.

When Orbx makes LC for our full-featured regions they are made by hand, one square km at a time. That is the only way to make LC as accurately as possible.

...That is the beauty of FTX Global, it's like a giant sandpit for lots of freeware and payware addons and gives you freedom to add what layers you want. Of course Orbx will do a proper FTX Norway region with the bells and whistles (likely in 2014) and that includes Norwegian government data and aerial imagery from the area. But until then, this is a very nice Plan B :)

Dieter, I quoted one of John Venema's posts earlier in the thread... it looks like Norway is on their books...A

Archived