What is your dream Orbx area?

Skyroamer

Hey  Ripcord,PRIVET(by Russian)!

I use P3D  v 2(I deleted my license FSX).

I have these airports URSS (Sohi) ULMM (Murmansk). 

But this ... ORBH best that can be!

Sorry for my bad English...

Oleg

FTX Global VECTOR  FSS0257147

FTX AuSP4                 FSS0248761

FTX Global                  FSS0223146

FTX NA Blue SA          FSS0206503

FTX EU Wales             FSS0203580

FTX NZ NZMF              FSS0194306

FTX EU England          FSS0187505

FTX NA KWYS WY       FSS0185303

FTX NZ SI                     FSS0141688

FTX NA Gold CRM        FSS0121927

Already mentioned before, but:

Sweden, Finland,

Hawaii and the atolls around,

the rest of Alaska

And finally: parts of Russia and Japan... I would like to fly from Juneau to Canberra one day without leaving an ORBX-made region :-)

... and I'm glad, that there are so many american guys, who don't leave their country, because I have a lot of company during online flying... LOL... ;-)

• 9 months later...

Spain mainland or the Canary Islands. A nice mountainous depiction of both would be great. The mountains in Malaga, Canarys, Barcelona are really quite stunning on decent esp given we are awaiting a Simwings reboot of Malaga airport with its new runway and huge changes! The last really good freeware of this was in FS2004 called Canarysim.

Spain mainland or the Canary Islands. A nice mountainous depiction of both would be great. The mountains in Malaga, Canarys, Barcelona are really quite stunning on decent esp given we are awaiting a Simwings reboot of Malaga airport with its new runway and huge changes! The last really good freeware of this was in FS2004 called Canarysim.

+1

Andalucia!!!

Hi all,

What about compiling pictures and data of your dream ORBX area and sharing them into a album ? That promotes it and can help developers to get inspired...That's my personal opinion :D

China, India, East Africa, the Andes (Chile, Peru etc), Amazonia, South-east Asia, the Mediterranean coast...I think each of these has lots and lots of factors that would make for great Region packs, at least in terms of distinctive character, cultural/architectural history, fascinating and different autogen and vegetation as well as cities and villages, diverse and spectacular natural landscapes and natural features in abundance and so much more once you look into them properly and deeply at Region level. Anyway, can't expect these anytime this decade at least but just expressing my wishes and thoughts only.

Hi all,
What about compiling pictures and data of your dream ORBX area and sharing them into a album ? That promotes it and can help developers to get inspired...That's my personal opinion :D

Now here Richard, I feel you may have something. I have long thought of doing such a thing for those areas I either know well or am interested in or would like to fly and discover within the simulator but I had been thinking along the lines of the remaining Open LC packs rather than full-fat regions (though the principle is the same)...I mean to say, I'd be very happy at any point to compile e.g. a data set full of information and images of a country/mini-region which could help get some of the heavy initial research done towards that particular Open LC...but I'm just not sure if this would be helpful to the developing team or if they'd even like us to help in this way. My thinking was, if those who might know and understand the look and feel of any particular country within any given Open LC area were to compile and send in a comprehensive data set that the team could simply use as some helpful reference as much or as little as they like or find useful and correct, it could potentially take a lot of the boring and tedious slog out of researching all the ground work for areas they may not be as familiar with or even be particularly interested in generally. It could also potentially result in the creation of more authentic-feeling countries within the Open LC regions with all their associated distinctive natural and man-made features brought to life more vividly and it could also serve as a repository for the team to draw upon again later when looking at version 2 or 3 etc of Open LC or when compiling Point-of-interest packs in future. I'm sure there would be other benefits too. It would be less time-pressured for any one of us to steadily compile the important data and images for one country to give the team a starting point, than for the team to have to do it all from scratch. Also some of us might find we were perhaps abe to do more than one country/mini-region or the team may end up with more than one member's data set on the same country. Well, that all sounds win-win to me anyway, all the more information and perhaps better as seen from more than one angle. Again, only my thinking and maybe not of any use whatsoever but I thought what you said was an opportunity in which it was worth expressing if any of us would be totally happy to help in such a way that might take a little load off the one team that has so much else to do in order to create such huge masterpieces of 'Open LC' with Vector. It'd be interesting to see what other members think of your idea Richard, including Orbx team members.

All the same, cool thread... :smile:  :smile: :smile:  

Hi Sid,

To reply you shortly, any information even if you consider it as useless can be usefull for a scenery developer. Aerial or Satellite data cannot provide all correctly and real photos can also misunderstood.

Here's an example of compilation book I made for my personnal projects where I mixed pick up pics and work in progress items. You can also see the scenery at diffrent states of development.

Link here

ITALY, Switzerland & Austria, complete with the Alps.. what else?

Oh yes, of course, the Alps region would also make a great...well Region! :smile:

Hi Sid,

To reply you shortly, any information even if you consider it as useless can be usefull for a scenery developer. Aerial or Satellite data cannot provide all correctly and real photos can also misunderstood.

Here's an example of compilation book I made for my personnal projects where I mixed pick up pics and work in progress items. You can also see the scenery at diffrent states of development.

Link here

Hey Richard,

Good to see your insight...Will take a proper look at your link soon but I certainly see what you mean about the varying types of data and imaging...and I think in addition, a collection of all the various relevant information compiled for any particular region/sub-region might also prove of design use potentially? :smile:

Hey Richard,

Good to see your insight...Will take a proper look at your link soon but I certainly see what you mean about the varying types of data and imaging...and I think in addition, a collection of all the various relevant information compiled for any particular region/sub-region might also prove of design use potentially? :smile:

Glad that gets you inspired. Initiating a scenery is like planning a travel ;)

Wow - 14 pages on this topic!

I say let ORBX get on with doing what they do, I haven't yet been let down by an ORBX product and am happy to take whatever they choose to give us. Better they make something based on a sound commercial decision and continue to not only survive but grow, then eventually we'll all get that favourite area we want :)

Cheers

Jack

• Upvote 1

Wow - 14 pages on this topic!

6 pages of it are just signatures. And another page is just Sid alone : )

Of course we all realize that none of this has any effect whatsoever on ORBX decisions to make or not make a region. JV already knows what sells and what doesn't. Sadly some of their best work are the regions that have not sold the best.

6 pages of it are just signatures. And another page is just Sid alone : )

Lol! You really made me laugh there buddy...Like it!  :lol:  ;)

(Think I got a little misunderstood by one or two above though, I was slightly off-topic talking about info-gathering to help with Open LC only...didn't mean it to sound like I was talking about regions...When it comes to those, I'm in the queue for all Orbx chooses to produce...Just got one outstanding at the mo...not for long though hopefully  :smile:)

Hey...and it was more like half a page before ;):lol:  ...Now look what you've gone and done...its certainly more like a page now... ;)  :lol:  :D

Planet Earth?

Sounds good to me boetie... ::) At least Open LC and its later versions will likely make a damn good springboard before that happens though, which is great.