What is your dream Orbx area?

Skyroamer

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I'm originally from Montana, I would like to see the whole state of Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Oklahoma...what the heck....and all of central USA down through Texas.

Also, Italy, Portugal and the Azores.

It's a bit secluded from most of the areas I've heard mentioned here.. but Gaston's Resort (3M0) in Lakeview, Arkansas. A nice, scenic little strip in the Ozarks vicinity that could definitely use a decent payware alternative to the FSX default, as I've yet to be able to find any alternative (freeware or payware). So it's a sad situation.

Has got to be the upcoming Scotland package, been waiting for some decent coverage since I took up the hobby, would also like to see Scandinavia for the scenery and the Caribbean for some island hopping in the winter months

Isles of Scilly and the Isle of Man. I cannot get my copy of Earth Sim IoS to work properly in P3D and they are bringing out IoM soon(ish) too so I expect I won't be able to get that to run either. Now if ORBX was prepared to pick up the baton I would be more than happy to part with cash for it. Also looking forward to Scotland and Ireland to complete the British Isles.

Faroe Islands?

Goo ahn goo ahn goo ahn!

Cheers

Phil.

• 8 months later...

Old thread. Bringin it back.

I really hope SoCal is on the back burner. Not only because I live there, but because it is one of the most popular areas in the world for general aviation traffic. I really hope that one day I can fly seamless fat regions from San Diego to Alaska. 

Norcal can't come soon enough!!!

You know, I feel particularly lucky.

I'm a Brit, living in Washington State USA, flying for Horizon Airlines in the PNW, all the way down to the bay area... So all my wants and wishes are already taken care of, or planned for release very soon! (England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, PNW, NRM, CRM and soon NorCal)

I sometimes think Orbx is following me around ;)

This whole thread is a joke if you ask me. What I mostly see is Americans and Canadians unwilling to "leave" their country in FSX to discover the other beautiful places out there. No, obviously they didn't get enough regions and airports yet, regardless the fact that they have been spoiled like crazy by Orbx...sigh.

Why do we have 13 English speaking regions anyway? There is a huge market in Germany and no offense, Switzerland looks way better than a lot of the countries/regions released by Orbx. Continents like Africa (S-AFrica for example has almost 200 airports), Asia and South America (Brazil alone has already like 550 airports in FSX!) are sadly enough completely ignored.

Oh well... knowing that Norway is going to be released is at least one positive note.

This whole thread is a joke if you ask me. What I mostly see is Americans and Canadians unwilling to "leave" their country in FSX to discover the other beautiful places out there. No, obviously they didn't get enough regions and airports yet, regardless the fact that they have been spoiled like crazy by Orbx...sigh.

Why do we have 13 English speaking regions anyway? There is a huge market in Germany and no offense, Switzerland looks way better than a lot of the countries/regions released by Orbx. Continents like Africa (S-AFrica for example has almost 200 airports), Asia and South America (Brazil alone has already like 550 airports in FSX!) are sadly enough completely ignored.

Oh well... knowing that Norway is going to be released is at least one positive note.

And I guess your unwilling too leave your home country to explore the beauty of PNW, CRM, NRM, PFJ and Alaska, or AU, New Zealand, England, Scottland, Ireland ::) . And not all of US is covered, only a small part of it, Im from Norway but I would still like too see the rest of the US covered expecially rest of Alaska. But in a perfect world I would offcourse like the whole world to be covered in Orbx region detail but that would be higly unrealistic too expect. I guess they concentrate on where the biggest marked is, and in this small niche marked it makes perfect sense..

And eventually someday you get your home country covered just like the lucky americans 8) . When I started buying Orbx scenery I wouldn't even dream of Orbx getting Norway covered, but look what happend, it's in the pipeline this year:). Be patient and maybe next time they plan to expand the world you will get as lucky as me and get your favorite place covered ::)

If I would like too see a region that's not English speaking it would be Nepal and a Lukla Airport in Orbx detail. Love the challenge in flying at such high altitudes at the roof of the world:D

The thread that wouldnt die...

Yes PNG would be spectacular alright. Could they source good enough mesh/topo data there I wonder?

FWIW I'd love to see all regions made like the NA regions: just choose the most spectacular geography and make that define the boundary.   In other words,  make geography define the region, not politics.  If it was Europe, call it "The Alps" and include bits of southwest France, north Italy, southern Germany on the edges of the region, which would center on Switzerland and Austria. Or split into east and west, one region centered on Switzerland the other on Austria, but not stopping at national borders- its more fun to explore!

Yeah how selfish of me, I fly in the PNW and PFJ which is 3500-4000km from my place! ::):smile:

Didn't ask you.

As Bruce has wisely (correctly) stated, I don't judge where you fly, friend. Please afford me the same consideration.

Evidently you missed the dozen + posts by other participants wanting Italy, Japan, PNG and so on.

Japan  ,   Hongkong  ,   ( Singapore )    LoL,     a Loneeeeeeeeeeeely flyer here,  Can count the number of people doing flightsimming here, so far haven't  met 1 , who knows .... maybe ONLY me. ;)  ???  :D  :D

Japan  ,   Hongkong  ,   ( Singapore )    LoL,     a Loneeeeeeeeeeeely flyer here,  Can count the number of people doing flightsimming here, so far haven't  met 1 , who knows .... maybe ONLY me. ;)  ???  :D  :D

Make that two :D

At least you're not alone.

Who ever would have remembered Russia!

Little piece of Russia.I live in Murmansk, Kola Peninsula.

But I do not dream about it...But at least ... where Sochi

Winter Olympics 2014 ...!

1. FTX Global VECTOR FSS0257147
  2. FTX AuSP4                FSS0248761
  3. FTX Global                 FSS0223146
  4. FTX NA Blue SA         FSS0206503
  5. FTX EU Wales            FSS0203580
  6. FTX NZ NZMF             FSS0194306
  7. FTX EU England         FSS0187505
  8. FTX NA KWYS WY      FSS0185303
  9. FTX NZ SI                    FSS0141688
  10. FTX NA Gold CRM       FSS0121927