What is your dream Orbx area?

Skyroamer

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love island hopping and in FS9 I was flying the Agean islands all the time. Two freeware groups from Greece had been developping many of these : shorelines, mesh, landclasses and airports . Wonderful work they did. I miss it :). Market twise, that would be an ideal setting for Orbx with a release for one or two smallish islands at a time. And I wonder whether these Greek fellows wouldn't join and bring their savoir-faire.

2.) I am a current GEX owner, and I am sure that your products by their nature would not be able to intermingle well, but I'm a bit concerned about Africa, I do some flying there in sim, and GEX does a pretty good job in that area of the world. Do you have current textures that would translate to the savannahs and jungles, and deserts of Africa? you mentioned custom trees, would there be custom autogen for the different areas of the world?

A very good question! For me the most significant question. The same texture around the world? Of course not. Africa must look like Africa, Japan must look like Japan. A bit better than default it's just not good enough.

My two cents.

Yes I wonder about Africa - the available desert textures would be mostly from AU, they look great but seem too red for most of the world. Perhaps some colour adjustment?

There was a shot of Japan in those sneak-peeks though, and it looked pretty good to me, certainly way better than default

There was a shot of Japan in those sneak-peeks though, and it looked pretty good to me, certainly way better than default

Yes of course, but that shot can be everywhere on the green Part of the world. But if you know the real Laos, it will be never look like Japan, or not?

So what, I'll wait now and have look what's going on with the FTX Global.

Wonderful! I got dead bored flying single regions years ago and being able to travel between them - without switching - will be great. I still have favourite areas, but look forward to touring Japan or South Africa or mainland Europe.

As I read it, this package might provide a decent base for specific regions and, I suppose, reduce development work a little, but nonetheless, regional packs will fine tune what the world pack provides as background. So maybe it will free up development time for more releases.

Can't sneeze at that deal.

Let me be the first to suggest BERMUDA ! Nobody has done it yet.

+1

Also, the Solomon Islands... and Southern Rocky Mountains (with Aspen airport and the small, quaint city of Aspen as a separate airport purchase)

-Paul

Ah yes, Aspen, one of the most exclusive, moneyed places on the planet - "Quaint". love it.

I'd still love to see it, that airport is one of the more dangerous in the world, people have been known to spill their champagne all over their caviar on approach.

On a more serious note (And the airport IS one of the dangerous ones) I am perhaps guilty of wishing for other areas first, like Alaska. but the SRM has been on the pipeline for a while, and now it's not even showing anymore, I'd love me some New England Flying, but the rockies do need to be finished in style.

Hello from Russia!lovers FSX in Russia want to see Moscow Region, Saint Petersburg

and Kola Peninsula (Murmansk region) http://en.wikipedia..../Kola_Peninsula .

Thanks! We love ORBX!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Orbx - FTX: NZ South Island FSS0141688

Orbx - FTX: NZ NZMF Milford Sound Airport FSS0194306

Orbx - FTX: EU England FSS0187505

Orbx - FTX: NA Gold USA Central Rocky Mountains FSS0121927

Orbx - FTX: NA KWYS West Yellowstone Airport FSS0185303

+1 for Moscow Region. I am not from Russia but have been there several times. There is virtually no scenery available at all, while it's an interesting region indeed.

Regards, Michael

Thank you very much!

I want to be the first buyer!

Best Regards Oleg

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Orbx - FTX: NZ South Island - FSS0141688

Orbx - FTX: NZ NZMF Milford Sound Airport FSS0194306

Orbx - FTX: EU England - FSS0187505

Orbx - FTX: NA Gold USA Central Rocky Mountains FSS0121927

Orbx - FTX: NA KWYS West Yellowstone Airport FSS0185303

South Africa would indeed be cool - (but ORBX no doubt won't oblige because we are always beating the Aussies at Rugby :P :P - only joking...)

And Table Mountain is now one of the new official wonders of the world. Wouldn't that warrant some ORBX attention?

I would love a South Africa scenery pack from ORBX.

Economics would however never make that feasible.

*sigh*

I will def be buying Global if the textures are better than the current crap african ones.

Regards

Warwick

Indeed, I'd like to see all of Africa eventually. Africa represents Orbx as a concept so well. It'd be a shame if they never set off to produce a top notch representation of the African Continent.

South Africa would indeed be cool - (but ORBX no doubt won't oblige because we are always beating the Aussies at Rugby :P :P - only joking...)

And Table Mountain is now one of the new official wonders of the world. Wouldn't that warrant some ORBX attention?

Hello;

never been there,

Is aeroworx table montain look like reality? It looks goog on my FS but cant compare...

Bug.

Aeroworx's mesh and landclass is a huge improvement over MS default, but it still needs a higher resolution mesh to show the distinctive topography of Table Mountain properly. Even payware FSGenesis mesh is no better than Aeroworx's because it is still at the same SRTM 72M resolution. Despite being freeware, Aeroworx's mesh seems to be the best available IMHO.

Some ORBX attention would indeed be great.

I am hoping that the new Oxford airport will include the Oxford University colleges, ..if not i can try my hand at making that, it is a wonderful part of the history of the UK.

Lead Admin

3D World and Game Developers Group Linkedin

"We Build Worlds"

• 1 month later...

All the Scandinavian countries. I am a beta tester for SWED2011 (Scenery for the WHOLE Sweden) and also for some Norwegian sceneries (covering almost the whole Norway) Here I think OREBX could have a very profitable cooperation.

I'm also hoping for this. There has been talk about a proper scenery for Sweden forever, but in reality there hasn't really been anything since the FS98 days. Airport sceneries, sure, but no a dedicated regional scenery product.

I'm from Rifle, Co and I would like to see the Rockies go south from Idaho. The Colorado and New Mexico Rockies would be an extreme challange, but if your familiar with the area there are so many areas of intrest, the possibilities are inumerable. P;aces like Glenwood Canyon, Grand Mesa & Colorado National Monument, I think would amaze flyers.

The entire Caribbean would be nice and Florida. Then NY, New England and Quebec. But I'll settle for FTX Global when it comes out. I agree with everyone that GEX should be shown the door, especially since they are ignoring P3D, which is definitely the future of flight simming.

yes iceland would be a good fit with ftx methodology (including some of the preatiest places in photoreal like the Fjallabak Nature Reserve) and the aerosoft one was a let down.

look at airpano if you need to be convinced.

Etienne

I like to fly Alaska areas but have really appreciated the level of detail for Milford sound which I bought and installed last nite. Impressive. I would love to see some of the Himalyans or Alps with the same LOD. VNLK would be a great addition....world's toughest airport....Bring it on.

When you get around to doing the Southern California area, a great airport to apply the FTX treatment to would be “Catalina†(KAVX) which is located north of Avalon City on Catalina Island, 26 miles from the CA coast. Nearby airports are KLAX (Los Angeles International), KSNA (John Wayne – Santa Ana) and KSAN (San Diego International) Not only is there incredible landscapes and terrain at KAVX, the airport it's self is a challenge to land at. The 3,000 ft. runway, estimated elevation at 1602 ft., has a nasty drop off at the west end. I think this this location would indeed be a great place for the FTX crew to investigate.

Enjoy your scenery, everyone! I sure love mine.

“Deltaâ€

Archived