What is your dream Orbx area?

Skyroamer

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

say what? are you kidding me?

i know you get banned very quickly for voicing criticism on here but hey...

195$ for THAT? i'm sorry but that just sounds too much like

"Yep, they wanna lay ground for future regions and airports by covering up the world (future updates for free)... But then selling each region/airport for $30+"

to me...

the fact is - that will ease the burden of compiling textures with each addon NOW but release upcoming regions/airports with less filesize (and less workload!) BUT for the same PRICE later...at least thats what it sounds to me right now

feel free to correct me if i'm wrong....seems like a good idea yes..SOUNDS like a cashgrab on the other hand..thanks guys i used to be a supporter and customer of your stuff for quite some time...but spending 195$ on a single piece of software (free updates or not doesnt matter) is just ludicrous on the face of it when talking about an addon for an entertainment category simulator...

regards

Tobias

I remember suggesting this a year or two ago in the SOH FsX forum. I guess Africa will be tricky amongst many but if it it gives the globe an ORBX feel then the price tag will be acceptable. However if it looks that good, dropping the price tag a little would encourage more than the FTX die-hards to opt in.

say what? are you kidding me?

i know you get banned very quickly for voicing criticism on here but hey...

195$ for THAT? i'm sorry but that just sounds too much like

"Yep, they wanna lay ground for future regions and airports by covering up the world (future updates for free)... But then selling each region/airport for $30+"

to me...

the fact is - that will ease the burden of compiling textures with each addon NOW but release upcoming regions/airports with less filesize (and less workload!) BUT for the same PRICE later...at least thats what it sounds to me right now

feel free to correct me if i'm wrong....seems like a good idea yes..SOUNDS like a cashgrab on the other hand..thanks guys i used to be a supporter and customer of your stuff for quite some time...but spending 195$ on a single piece of software (free updates or not doesnt matter) is just ludicrous on the face of it when talking about an addon for an entertainment category simulator...

regards

Tobias

Just because you ain't buying, a lot of us wants this and are willing to pay for it. ORBX isn't forcing you to buy it, so I don't get how it is possible to get upset over it... Enjoy what you have, but don't rain on the parade!

This is one amazing addon for us that don't fly in the UK, USA, NZ and Australia. For us this is the first time ever we'll get to see a little ORBX magic around our home airport. The single worst feature of FSX is the abysmal ground textures, so finally we can get rid of them and replace them with something good, because those that have tried before didn't do very well IMHO.

I have read several times that especially the German FS market is huge, even bigger than the US market, so I really hope that we will sometimes see "full fat FTX regions" for one of Europe's most beautiful regions. Austrian Alps, Switzerland, German Alps, French Alps, Itlian Upper lakes and Italian Alps. Important metropolitan regions and commonly known cities would be Geneva, Zurich, Munich, Vienna, Milano, Monaco, Nice. The geographical centre of Europe. I think it is one of the regions where so many people at least from all around Europe would like to fly as almost everbody in Europe visits these regions for holidays regularly apart from the big cities like Paris, Rome, Berlin or Madrid.

I'm been known to criticize a lot of Orbx's decisions, but I can't see this as a 'fact' -- their normal Regions can't depend on these 'lite' textures to reduce file size, as this would mean that their Global 'lite' would be required for all future regions -- which doesn't seem to be the case. I see this as an alternative, and an attractive one at that. Sure, Orbx won't ever be a 'budget' option, but that's fine by me.

OMG......ORBX World. I AM SO IN!!!!!!..................$195.95 would be a bargain.....I am so ready....I know my area in South Carolina will be a long time coming for FTX/ORBX to do, so being able to get ORBX textures here soon will be amazing......

Will this be available on DVD? I would imagine it will be a LONG download.

Sounds good to me, yes the price seems high, but quality costs money, and Orbx sets high standards. It would seem to upgrade many areas that I want to fly in, ie South America, Japan, and Africa. I am in!

Just because you ain't buying, a lot of us wants this and are willing to pay for it. ORBX isn't forcing you to buy it, so I don't get how it is possible to get upset over it... Enjoy what you have, but don't rain on the parade!

This is one amazing addon for us that don't fly in the UK, USA, NZ and Australia. For us this is the first time ever we'll get to see a little ORBX magic around our home airport. The single worst feature of FSX is the abysmal ground textures, so finally we can get rid of them and replace them with something good, because those that have tried before didn't do very well IMHO.

hang on hang on hang on...so its wrong to level criticism and bring forth my opinion inside the forums of the developer whos products i purchased? i'm not raining on anybodies parade when i state my toughts and concerns on the matter am i?

hang on hang on hang on...so its wrong to level criticism and bring forth my opinion inside the forums of the developer whos products i purchased? i'm not raining on anybodies parade when i state my toughts and concerns on the matter am i?

I think one should be respectful and very constructive when criticising anonymously a product one hasn't even bought or tried on the forum of those who make a living selling them. I just don't see the point of your post?

I think one should be respectful and very constructive when criticising anonymously a product one hasn't even bought or tried on the forum of those who make a living selling them. I just don't see the point of your post?

i cant see me using foul language or levelling any sort of DEstructive criticism in my post above...same question: your point being?...

my point is simply that i am concerned with the businessmodel FTX is heading towards...

Anything to replace GEX, I think GEX sucks. John, what kinda of landclass do you recommend out side of the normal FTX Regions?

+1

I use UTX + FSGenesis

But hopefully after the release of Orbx World, we see a patch, product for landclass in a near future.

There are many "types of sim flyers" using FTX and preferences vary among us. For example, I fly the U.S.A. and B.C and Alberta, Canada areas only with the exception of a flight into the Carribbean now and then. I have no desire to fly anywhere else as I restrict my flights to pretty much what I would actually fly in the real world of general aviation. While the global release is good for many, I doubt I'll be spending almost $200 for it (especially on my retirement income and with the continuing rise in the cost of living). I'll wait to select among the area sceneries as they are released and purchase an airport at times. Keep in mind this hobby can become very expensive and some of us have to budget our playtime. I do admire the Orbx scenery folks for what they have done and continue to do for this wonderful flying hobby. Keep up the good work!

well this is interesting anyway... The shots look good, I'd definitely like better transitions out of the ORBX areas, and I like the overall idea. $195 is very much significant purchase though for what is essentially a texture set made of textures from products that I already own (save England. that's next on the list though!) I guess the best thing to do is to wait for more information to come out, so I would definitely like to hear more when the announcements are made. I guess if the powers that be could answer a few questions, it might make this easier...

1.) It was mentioned that POI's airports etc would not be included (understandable) but then references to the team developing these things ongoing. would they just not be available on the initial release?

2.) I am a current GEX owner, and I am sure that your products by their nature would not be able to intermingle well, but I'm a bit concerned about Africa, I do some flying there in sim, and GEX does a pretty good job in that area of the world. do you have current textures that would translate to the savannahs and jungles, and deserts of Africa? you mentioned custom trees, would there be custom autogen for the different areas of the world?

I guess I'm interested in the product with some reservations, if this makes the areas that I fly better, I'm all for it, I don't consider the price a "bargain" though. it's a serious lot of money for an FSX addon, particularly since the textures that make it up are already included in products that I own. Make it worth it though, and I'm in. show us what you have!

Hi

Is possible to make 4-5 packs, and not one product with the total world? I fly only in europe, and i prefer pay 40/50$ for have a product for only europe, and not 200$ for have the global, but flight only in europe

Thanks

There are many "types of sim flyers" using FTX and preferences vary among us. For example, I fly the U.S.A. and B.C and Alberta, Canada areas only with the exception of a flight into the Carribbean now and then. I have no desire to fly anywhere else as I restrict my flights to pretty much what I would actually fly in the real world of general aviation. While the global release is good for many, I doubt I'll be spending almost $200 for it (especially on my retirement income and with the continuing rise in the cost of living). I'll wait to select among the area sceneries as they are released and purchase an airport at times. Keep in mind this hobby can become very expensive and some of us have to budget our playtime. I do admire the Orbx scenery folks for what they have done and continue to do for this wonderful flying hobby. Keep up the good work!

I must say that I agree with these two posts. I like the idea, but I fly almost exclusively in PNW and my home state of North Carolina. Since I fly only in limited areas, I could never justify spending nearly $200 on this. It's a great idea; it just doesn't fit my flying habits.

As far as which region I'd like to see developed, I'd love to see FTX coverage of North Carolina. NC would be a good candidate for FTX. It has diverse terrain, ranging from the flat coastal plains to the Appalachian Mountains, sea level to 6684 ft. It's a beautiful state, but I realize I'll probably be waiting a while to see FTX coverage. -_- In the meantime, PNW keeps me happy. :)

I guess that is the whole point of this project, no more switching areas as you fly, great idea, im in.

I think the switching will be necessary anyway because of the different autogen files and stuff for the different regions. If you want to fly from NA to EU you'll have to switch to be able to see the right trees and buildings. Think it's an FSX limitation and that's why Orbx use switching of regions? correct me if im wrong

John, what a great idea. I do occasionally like visiting places outside the Orbx area but find it a jarring experience when using FSX default scenery. An Orbx "lite" for the whole world will make it much more enjoyable. I also think the price is a bargin considering it's for the whole world and will certainly be getting this when it becomes available.

i almost exclusively fly ifr - the big tubes around the world, so this tool will be perfect! One question, using the region NZSI, the autogen seems quite fps-friendly, lots of vegetation and still flyable, even with aircrafts like the ngx - will ftx global feature also this kind of 'advanced/fps-friendly' autogen as the regions? That would be wonderful to fly above the densly vegetated tropical forrest in south america or the tree-covered areas of canada or russia!

looking forward to more information

chris

Sounds like a winner - only one negative comment in 8 pages and I couldn't see the point in that one. It was based on crazy assumptions that are not our experience with ORBx products - especially those of us who have been with JV from the beginning.

This is simply a replacement textures to the default FSX textures for those flying outside current ORBx areas. $195 is dirt cheap for the whole globe and costs less than my MS Office Pro. It seems to me that as specific areas are released, we are free to purchase those that are of interest to us, knowing that the rest of the world will look more natural. The influx of funds from this will help ORBx to complete other areas. Its a win-win for everyone.

A late Christmas present from JV. Thanks, John.

Geez JV, you seem quite excited about this release - if you're excited then so am I. $195 for the whole globe is a bargain and your screenies illustrate this. Well done sir and thank you and your team for enhancing our world above :) Enjoy those ales. (Real ale I hope)

Archived