KSFF Felts

Rexbo47

Excellent!

Hi,

I second that. After the missing roads etc. followed by the install of SP2 I just love this airfield. I have been going around looking for some creature flow and I have come across one. Take yourself over to the clock tower and face it and I think what looks like a yellow butterfly flying around the tower. Tell you what would be cool is getting hold of one of those green buggies and being able to drive around in it. I notice that there are no Heli pad circles placed around the field is that correct?. Tried landing on the trailers, just abit to close to the buildings I think. Timm

Posted Image

Great shots guys, thanks for posting :)

I notice that there are no Heli pad circles placed around the field is that correct?. Tried landing on the trailers, just abit to close to the buildings I think.

G'day Timm, that's correct - there aren't any heli pad circles on the airfield. Not sure if you've found them yet, but there are a couple of more trailers at the MedStar hangar (look for the bright blue and yellow King Air parked out front), one of which is a bit more out in the open.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Timm, They are actual placements as they are seen when developing the airport. The closeness would depend on your helicopter type and blade length. The EC135 is the helicopter flown by Medstar out of that airport which would have a significantly lower blade length than the 212 or huey that would need more clearance in an area like that. I have had no issues parking the EC135 or B206 on any of the pads.

The chopper pads in front of the terminal are actually for Robinsons. They operate a heli school at Felts. Nice shots btw :) I really want Felts badly, but think I'm going to spring for Goodwood first because of the Garwood Mossie release.

Archived