EU England and the Scenery Library

Andrew 737

Hi Guys

Foreword

I have found time to experiment more with EU_England - I set my insertion points, adjusted my settings etc.

It is with profound regret I am sad to say England is not what I hoped it would be in terms of VFR flight; I fly real world and this scenery is of no great help to me for practice. I suppose (sad and reluctantly - I really dont like the flatness) I will have to revert back to Photo scenery and ES's (very nice) trees for practicing.

There seems to be a lot of 'Popping' and areas of 'low res' Photo scenery; London seems sparse compared to Aerosofts vfr London (which on my system is smooth with UT2 set correctly for it) and the roads are a bit 'sureal looking'

However for anyone reading reviews or browsing the forums to get an insight into this scenery before purchase, please be advised I have come to beleive my expectation was unrealistic - This is very nice scenery, runs well fps wise, has all the seasons etc. Please DO NOT be put off by my opinion I just had a specific use for English scenery and the WRONG Expectation.

Back on Topic

I have installed England Successfully and have managed to set the insertion point under my Horizon VFR scenery (which of course is UN-CHECKED). When In FTX Central and england has been selected, all the Orbx regions scenery I have appear in the FSX scenery library (i read somewhere this was normal behaviuour).

Can i set the insertion points of diferent FTX regions to different points in the FSX library?

When I have England selected in FTX central (I loaded the default 'Friday Harbour' flight just out of curiosity) should i be able to see the FTX region in america too because I can?

I thought I should only be able to see the selected region?

Kind Regards

Andrew

P.S. Since I have the scenery (along with most other Orbx scenery) I did want to explorer it further for enertainment purposes

Hi Andrew,

I too am disappointed with the scenery, it is pretty to look at but lacks any sense of reality. So it's back to photo scenery and ES trees for me as well.

I don't feel we expected to much, I think the scenery adverts suggest it to be far better than it actually is.

The scenery is fine for those who just want fun and don't want to take things any further, fine if they are happy with that.

Phil

Hi Andrew,

I too am disappointed with the scenery, it is pretty to look at but lacks any sense of reality. So it's back to photo scenery and ES trees for me as well.

I don't feel we expected to much, I think the scenery adverts suggest it to be far better than it actually is.

The scenery is fine for those who just want fun and don't want to take things any further, fine if they are happy with that.

Phil

Hi Phil

I am sorry you too are dissapointed; I think the majority who are will probably be Brits. I mean I did not Expect to see my house but following roads and seeing the general outline shape of a town I thought would be great.

Anyway If anyone can help with my questions re the scenery library etc it will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

I find VFR very much like real world. I spend many hours flying around the North of England. For me all the Key VFR points are there and its simple. Each to their own I guess. We must look at different things to VFR.

Hi Judson

I really dont want to go off topic here otherwise I fear my questions may get lost however I am pleased you are happy - do you fly real world?

Regards

Just to be sure my questions are not missed:

Can i set the insertion points of diferent FTX regions to different points in the FSX library?

When I have England selected in FTX central (I loaded the default 'Friday Harbour' flight just out of curiosity) should i be able to see the FTX region in america too because I can?

I thought I should only be able to see the selected region?

Thanks

Hi Andrew,

You can only set one insertion point for FTX Central, there is no need to move different orbx regions above or below each other.

When England is loaded you will still see other areas but the autogen and some of the textures maybe wrong, depends what is used in each region.

Paul

Hi again Dave,

When I said RWY 33 is on a "bluff" it means it does has ground underneath it, I read "suspended" as in mid-air, which it is not. FSX only allows flat airport rwys so at times, where the real rwy slopes down FSX stays flat and that sometimes means ground must extend out underneath it, which is the case here. It's the best FSX, and we, can do under the circumstances.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Andrew,

You can only set one insertion point for FTX Central, there is no need to move different orbx regions above or below each other.

When England is loaded you will still see other areas but the autogen and some of the textures maybe wrong, depends what is used in each region.

Paul

Hi Paul

Thank you for the Answers.

OK so I now know my Install is exactly how it should be - thats good to know.

With regards to the layering of scenery I have always installed my scenery West to East in the libraray (just neater that way) hence requesting different insertion points for the various regions.

Thanks anyway

Kind Regards

Andrew

Archived