Where is (ORBX) England?

Morten

Something must be wrong here?....that is, compared to usual ORBX high quality standards!

Blurry scenery, outlined cartoon trees. Provincial villas around London City Airport and so on..!

Perhaps I haven't successfully managed to get rid of my old JustFlight England VFR files or something perhaps is wrong with the priority in my library settings - if not I would have prefer to wait another 1-2 years in order to get everything right, instead of something like this rushed together, as it seems.

A screenshot might be helpful. Otherwise we'll just be guessing.

Perhaps you can compare your screen appearance to the screenshots to get an idea of what you are seeing.

In order to help, we need to see what the problem is, and whether it relates to your ORBX scenery at all. From your description, it sounds as though something is vastly amiss in your FSX install.

OK, here are screenshots from London City Airport.

Also I'm sorry to ad that The Lake District too has been a big disappointment - again with funny outlined trees and with blurry and FSX default alike scenery - not at all up to the standards of other superb ORBX scenery packages.

I really hope that something is wrong to my install, otherwise...!!

Does any particular area need higher priority in the scenery library?

Cheers, Morten

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Using Nvidia inspector will rectify the trees with Nvidia cards. Not sure on the ATI solution but AA transparency super-sampling did the trick for me as with NZSI/NI

I too am getting blurry textures. They do load in however it does feel slower. I put Mesh resolution in the display settings tab (in FSX) to 10m as suggested in the manual and the issue is far, far better.

Dean from FSS just posted me and told me to drop AA to 8x as 16x/32x causes lag in loading. I must admit I do not have the issue in PNW or NZ.

Hope this helps

Using Nvidia inspector will rectify the trees with Nvidia cards. Not sure on the ATI solution but AA transparency super-sampling did the trick for me as with NZSI/NI

I too am getting blurry textures. They do load in however it does feel slower. I put Mesh resolution in the display settings tab (in FSX) to 10m as suggested in the manual and the issue is far, far better.

Dean from FSS just posted me and told me to drop AA to 8x as 16x/32x causes lag in loading. I must admit I do not have the issue in PNW or NZ.

Hope this helps

Nothing at all wrong with my ATI settings, Judson! I get outstanding superb scenery, including nice trees in any other ORBX package (except for Jackson Hole, for some reason)

Please gentlemen, there's is nothing wrong with my setup, my system, me or anything else here (at least not in that respect! :-)

As I pointed out again and again, everything works nice and smooth for me in every other ORBX Package.

It's just here that I notice some blurry - not in central London, not in Heathrow, but in fact in the middle of empty Lake District, where my system to my surprise seems to struggle a bit!

Although this is a strange and unwelcome paradox, this isn't really my main issue here.

The main thing is my disappointment about the lack of meaningful urban areas, as for instance provincial villas around London City Airport or completely absence/misplacement of villages in the Lake District and of course the funny cartoon trees. So a good thing that at least the tree issue is now being taken care of!

Generally not much into complaining and not much into long discussions - I made my point and that's it.

Happy flying!

Hope this helps

Just to set the record straight and avoid confusion... I am from PC Aviator, not FSS :)

Also, what I did mention was that dropping the Anisotropic Filtering (not Anti-Aliasing) from 16x/32x back to 8x on some nvidia cards can help sharpen up textures if the filtering process is too aggressive and smoothing them out too much at the higher settings. It's not a guaranteed answer, but it is worth a try. It worked wonders on my new GTX670 card here.

Yes, something doesn't seem right for Morten there,

I am using ATI graphics (5770 HD), and don't have any blurries ........ but I do currently have the black 'borders' / outlines around the trees. :(

It's not spoiling my enjoyment though, and I am still playing around with ATI CCC settings though, to see if I can remove the border. :)

Archived