The FTX central switch

JohnB777

As Ä° don't own GEX, can Ä° fly around the world while leaving the FTX central on all the time instead of having to turn it off? Or would there be significant errors?

I'm new and I don't know where I should've posted this. If there's a FTX central switch forum.z

if you have set FTX Central to as example Oceania then all houses will look like particular Aussie /New Zealand houses, strange rooftextures appear when people don't follow the proper install procedures with other vendor products.

there should only be one FTXCentral as that sets the region, multiple versions of it won't cut wood in any form or way as all scenery control is integrated in FTXCentral, hence there can be only one

So there is only one FTX switch and I can keep it on all the time even with for example, FTX Australia and NA Gold Central Rocky Mountains add-ons even while having no significant errors?

Also, where would I find the FTX central switch, would it be on a program on my desktop that comes up when I install it. Just like the Captain sim products ACE program where you can edit and change settings of the add-on (For example set one aircraft to not have or have winglets) outside of FSX

I don't have ES Guernesy, so that won't effect as said in previous post.

If your flying in Oz or NZ then have Oceana active. If your flying in North America then have that active in FTX Central. I you do not do this then houses trees etc. will be incorrect. If your flying in the rest of the world IE non-ORBX/FTX scenery areas then it is up to you what you have set in FTX Central but be aware that anything other than Default will result in ORBX scenery objects showing as noted by Wolter's post above.

Seems strange that you want to avoid the 30 seconds it takes to switch FTX Central before using FSX so that scenery objects appear as they should.

8)

Actually John, one way to do this is to save your flight in mid-route, then use Central to change to the next area you want to load in, then reload the flight you saved. It does work!

Archived