London calling....EU England shots.

Incredible. Must be a massive frame rate hit though.

Not from what I've seen ;)

I have fps locked at 20, I was getting steady 20 during testing... only dipped down when I applied really heavy weather but nothing more than usual...

Looks awesome!

My major concern, however, is not FPS (i know you manage that extraordinarily!) but memory usage. Especially the area around London, approaching UK2000 EGLL / or EGLC right over the city has been a cause for the infamous "OOM"-crashes even on my 64-bit system numerous times - and i fear that with the unbelievable detail you put into this scenery the threat of this CTD might even increase....

Maybe you could try some holding patterns right over "the city" (as done regularly in real life) with a complex airliner (such as the NGX, of course ;); maybe even with UK2000 or Aerosofts EGLL activated, if you have it...) and report both FPS and memory usage - i'm sure many of us "mainly" airliner-user's would greatly appreciate it!

I know that flightsimulation (especially FSX) is always about making concessions/trade-offsbut i still hope that both complex airliners and your wonderful scenery will be possible at the same time!

kind regards,

chris

Wow!... that is pretty darn good!

Love the one with 'The Shard' and the Battersie Powerstation (need a inflatable pig for that one!)

Though, just a couple of glitches.. sorry to mention

Shot one - There is the default Canary Wharf tower to the left of the enhanced Canary Wharf tower

shot four - Those cluster of buildings all to the left are not there in real. They look like default fsx autogen

But still, a real amazing job.. London must be the ultimate tester of GBR scenery, and its 80% there :)

I must admit, that does look pretty good. Of course you can't tell from Iain's pictures if its all in the right place but Battersea Power Station and some of the other landmark buildings are really excellent.

If only he'd done them in decent weather and proper daylight rather than in this artistic way, we'd be able to get a better indication.

Lovely pics though Iain, as always.

John

Great shots Iain,

Can't believe the huge impact that a small group of guys from Australia has had on the Flight Sim world.

Brought all the universal talents of so many like minded people together, and created ORBX.

Cheers

Hank

Great shots Ian but yet again I have to ask why do we have to have such an obtrusive Logo bar? The Logo's would be less obtrusive in the sky or down the side, they are illustrating ground scenery after all, and why put them on clear rather than darkened ribbon? Sorry to go on about this but as I trained as a graphic designer this seems nuts to me. Great shots of a great product and then you darken a huge section of the image and smother it with logo's?!

Geoff

Great shots Ian but yet again I have to ask why do we have to have such an obtrusive Logo bar? The Logo's would be less obtrusive in the sky or down the side, they are illustrating ground scenery after all, and why put them on clear rather than darkened ribbon? Sorry to go on about this but as I trained as a graphic designer this seems nuts to me. Great shots of a great product and then you darken a huge section of the image and smother it with logo's?!

Geoff

Geoff, that is our standard Orbx screenshot template which has been unchanged for 6 years. You have mentioned this several times now so please don't mention it again; it won't be changed regardless of your professional opinion about it :)

Just about in the same league as our wine-makers when they took over the UK market, and then the US.

Can't deny that one... I do like to sit back with a nice ice cold bottle of Yellowtail Moscato from time to time!

(Of course Yellowtail might make me a complete heathen over there... Kind of like an american who loves Busweiser ;) )

Archived