The very first FTX England Screenshot!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The FTX England region covers the area shown below in green:

Posted Image

This area is 130,410 sq km (50,362 sq mi) in size but does not include the Channel Islands.

Oh, very nice! Like it very much!

Will the whole area be photoscenery? Or maybe the same quality every where as shown in the previews? :)

Very interesting....I had assumed from previous posts that Orbx were going to stear clear of areas that had been completed by ES?

Now the coverage map for FTX england opens up some possibilities, since we know ES are (were?) creating IOM to the same spec or greater as previous sceneries, which means high-res ground photoscenery plus all we've come to expect... So will it be:

1. There will still be a standalone ES IOM product parallel to the one included in Orbx?

2. ES version will be included as part of the Orbx product?

3. ES will not continue their IOM project?

(2) is an interesting hypothesis given the imminent release of FTX england and the paralleled delay of IOM, because it may mean that FTX england would probably not be entirely based on landclass textures.......?

K

I have a small question. I am really looking forward to the England scenery release. Will it however be compatable with the Airport scenery I have installed on FSX. I use Rochester in Kent for my local airport and I use UK 2000 scenery. I am not sure how detailed the other airports and airfields are.

I have a small question. I am really looking forward to the England scenery release. Will it however be compatable with the Airport scenery I have installed on FSX. I use Rochester in Kent for my local airport and I use UK 2000 scenery. I am not sure how detailed the other airports and airfields are.

I believe that if you layer the UK2000 airfields scenery above FTX EU ENG in the library then it will show. How compatable arround the edges? Not sure, havent seen it yet.

John, is it any wonder you are smiling in your AV, I will be smiling when I have downloaded and installed UK, $$$$$$ are waiting in my account ready to go as soon as you decide I can ::)

Screenshots look great, I cant wait, can I pay extra to get it now? ::) ::)::)

Chumley: you aren't stamping your foot are you?

Not at all - just pointing out an error of fact. May save a question down the track when the ORBX UK is released.

For what it is worth I currently have no strong desire to 'play' in that part of the world. Happy to trudge around here and to a lesser extent in NZ.

After seeing the advert in PC Pilot this month and also seeing the other pics that are popping up, all I can say is FANTASTIC!

I fly with a virtual organisation (Millitary) that is based in the UK and one of our members has been keeping our comunity aware of all things ORBX, especially the UK as this is where we do 65% of our flying, and the boys are chomping at the bitt for this....................

Exciting times ahead me thinks...... :D

Best regards

Mac

John Venema

The following is not a request , it is more along the lines of a desperate grovelling .

Please , pretty please do a short video over a rural portion of the UK scenery , and

if possible at an altitude of below 1,500' , I tend to get a nose bleed at higher altitudes.

Like most , I'm so very impatient for this one , however I will quite happily wait another

3-4 months for it's final tweaks to get the best possible.

Cheers

Karol

Archived